If College Majors Were Teas

If College Majors Were Teas

Get ready for some quali-tea comparisons!
211

Over the last couple of days, I’ve been recovering from a little bug that has left my throat feeling all sorts of achey. Naturally, I’ve turned to the miraculously soothing qualities tea has to offer. I’ve made so many glasses of hot water with lemon and honey that I started noticing the similarities between different kinds of tea and different kinds of college majors. I looked up some of the health benefits for different kinds of tea online.

Based off of those and what may or may not be some of my past experiences with people in these majors, here are the ones that stood out the most.

1. Loose leaf = History majors

They can be a little all over the place, make sense with all of the things they need to know about. But also, much like the extra bit of preparation required for this tea, these majors put in all the extra effort in their school work and friendships.

2. Tea bags = Business/Econ majors

They can be kinda basic. I mean there are always plenty of people majoring in these wherever you might be going to university. The quickest and easiest of the tea prep. This way they can… you know… get back to business as usual.

3. Home remedy teas = Gender Studies majors

Because they’re always finding new and exciting ways to combine things. Much like lemon wedges and cinnamon sticks—intersectionality I'm looking at you.

4. Matcha powder = Psychology majors

They can be a little bitter at first, but once you get used to them you’ll be surprised you ever felt differently.

5. Black tea = Basically any of the science-y majors.

They need the caffeine to get up stay up and stay focused on studying since that's all they talk about doing anyway.

6. Mint tea = Communication majors

In addition to being caffeine free, peppermint, spearmint, and other kinds of mint tea are good for digestion and alleviate headaches. This makes sense because people who are good communicators don't leave you feeling as if you have a headache and mild indigestion.

7. Oolong tea = English majors

Mostly because this is the most common tea I've seen referenced to puns, and we all know that any English major worth their salt loves those.

I’m only tea-sing. Feel free to pass this on to anyone you know that fits this to a TEA.