16 Things You Need In Your College Survival Kit

Here's to many wonderful naps and as few sick days as possible.

294
Hidden Sparkles

The fall semester is fast approaching! Whether it's your first time heading off to college or you're nearing the end of your time there, we could all do with a no-nonsense list of things that you absolutely have to bring. These items will make you much more comfortable, not to mention make you more ready to handle everything that life will throw at you.

1. Emergen-C

This stuff will literally keep you alive. It's #1 on this list for a reason.

2. Mattress Topper

You'll want to make your bed as comfortable as possible.

3. Clorox Spray

The lazy college student's best friend; just spray and it does all the hard work for you.

4. Clorox Wipes

For quickly cleaning up all the little messes and killing all the germs.

5. Germ-X

Have one of these with you at all times. There's no telling who has touched the door handles before you.

6. Some kind of safe/lock box

Your roommates may be your best friends and you may trust them with all your secrets, but there's no telling who will end up in your room and what kind of state they will be in. It's best to keep certain things (like your hard-earned money) out of sight.

7. Febreze

Not suggesting that you just spray your clothes with Febreze instead of actually washing them, but it helps to make the dorm feel a little more homey.

8. Sweatpants

Freshmen, your first time wearing sweatpants to class will come much sooner than you think.

9. An oversized hoodie

Perfect for embracing your inner potato.

10. A sleep mask

To make falling asleep as effortless as possible.

11. Extremely comfortable shoes

You'll bring all your cutest sandals, but you'll inevitably resort to the most comfortable shoes you own the lazier and busier that you get.

12. A reusable water bottle

STAY HYDRATED. I cannot emphasize this enough. With all that running around you have to do, you have to keep your body healthy. Plus, there are so many colors!!

13. A planner and/or calendar

No matter how disorganized you are, we all have to become a little bit more like Leslie Knope in order to survive in college.

14. Dry shampoo

Sometimes, you just need those extra 15 minutes in the morning to get you through the day.

16. Chocolate, and plenty of it

Chocolate is vital for keeping your mood up during those long study sessions.

Well, there you have it. The things that absolutely everyone needs in college and nothing that you don't. Here's to many wonderful naps and as few sick days as possible.