College Is Hard, But It's Supposed To Be That Way
College

If You're Struggling In College, It's Probably Because College Is Supposed To Be Hard

College is tough. It's time to realize that.

627

Now that most schools are getting full-swing into the semester, I think it's important to discuss the elephant in the room that most college students feel uncomfortable speaking openly about, and that's not doing as well as you would hope. The truth is, college is hard. It's especially hard when you load yourself with heavy course loads and clubs all around. Having a constant 9-5 schedule every day of the week as a 19-year-old can be tough, but it's important to give yourself some grace.

If you're walking out of that Spanish exam feeling like you failed, give yourself some grace. It's difficult to lock in a great grade in any class. Meetings and extracurriculars can get in the way of studying. That's OK, though. College is much more than grades. It's about self-discovery, following your passions and preparing yourself for the next step of your life. So what you got a D on that one exam and it's dragging along your grade?

The one thing that college students often find difficult to juggle is a social life between all of your clubs and academics. But this is important. I've had plenty of friends that stick their nose to the grindstone day in and day out throughout the semester, but they have almost no friends or great memories from school. The moral of the story is college is too short to burn yourself out over. It's more than just school, it's a lifetime of memories and experiences that can define you or your career in the future.

So instead of beating yourself down about a class you're struggling in or an exam you're about to fail, focus on doing your best. Remember that school is not just about the numbers, but how you live your life and discover your passions.