College Students NEED To Rest During Winter Break, It's Important For Their Health

There was a clear amount of mental fog going around in my head.

6

When I came home from break, I was exhausted, mentally and physically. There was just something about this finals week that was so rough for me. I was sick for about a week and a half, and I also hadn't been sleeping. There was a clear amount of mental fog going around in my head.

It wasn't until the second day of when I got home that I went to bed. I had planned on watching Netflix or video-calling a friend. However, all I remember is that it was about 9 PM and I legit just knocked out. It wasn't until about 1 PM that I woke up the next day with a sudden urge to drink some water. I was glad that my mom was at work because I probably wouldn't have been able to sleep in that long. I also thought that I was well-rested and the fatigue from college had worn off.

The next night I realized how wrong I had been. The next night at around maybe 11 AM when I finished talking to my friends, I closed my laptop. I have this really, really bad habit of using my phone before I fall asleep. I used my phone for about 30-40 minutes and saw that it had a low battery. So I decided to put an alarm on and wake up early to go to the local grocery store. I woke up, not because my alarm went off, but because I felt a large amount of sunlight on my face. I had put the alarm on for 10 AM, but I knew that now it must have been way past 10 AM. I located my phone, and it had died. I opened my computer, and the time was 3 PM. I just couldn't believe that this happened again.

I'm not going to lie, I have been resting a lot this winter break, but I believe that it is all some well-deserved sleep. Perhaps my body is trying to catch up with all the lack of sleep during college. But I'm glad because that mental fog is slowly clearing away.