To The Person That Feels Out Of Place

To The Person That Feels Out Of Place

Sometimes, God uses miracles to show you that you're exactly where you're supposed to be.
15

There are going to be moments when you question why you are at a certain place in your life.

I don't have the answer to your question, but I can tell you that I've asked myself that question before and many others have too.

If you feel out of place, I want to share with you a true story of my friend's struggle with that very question.

Over the last few semesters, my friend really did not understand why God had guided her to attend the university she is at today. She was not enjoying the overall university culture at all, and even with the amount of financial aid she was receiving, she still had to pay much of the tuition out of her own pocket. As frustration and stress began to overwhelm her, she started to find all sorts of different ways to attend a different school.

This was when she began exploring different universities in the area, meeting up with her counselor to try to get her units transferred, but nothing was working out. In fact, on the day of the application deadline for one of the universities she was planning on transferring to, a series of unfortunate events caused her to be unable to submit her application in on time. The university refused to extend the deadline and she found herself at a dead end.

Desperate, she asked God what was His will in this situation. While at school, she's walking and she happens to glance down on the floor where a student had written in chalk: "God wants you exactly where you need to be."

That was too coincidental to be a coincidence — clearly, she knew God was trying to tell her to just trust in Him and not transfer.

But as time went on, my friend grew frustrated and overwhelmed again. Her school loans were piling up, and she was already working multiple jobs to make sure she could pay for school herself without burdening her parents.

However, when she received a notice from her university stating she needed to pay $1600 so that her account would not be put on hold, she realized she could not possibly come up with the money in time, and that she would not be able to sign up for her next semester's classes.

She could not sleep that night, and for the first time in several years, she prayed to God. She told Him she was angry because nothing was working out for her. She told Him she was worried about school and how she needed $1600 in a week and that she had nowhere to get that from.

My friend woke up the next morning feeling comforted, but still there was no answer from God - no sign that He had heard her.

Hours later, my friend went to work, and it was then she received an email from her school saying:

"Good news! ... A $1650 award will be added to your account for Fall 2016. You may register for Fall courses in March."

Needless to say, my friend's mind was blown. She knew God was really telling her she was exactly where she is supposed to be.

If you're feeling out of place, confused, lost, just plain unhappy with where you are at in your life and you need peace about whether or not you should stay put or move on to someplace else, ask God.

"Knowing that God has a plan for your life is very important.

Putting your faith in God allows you to trust that the events in your life are meant to be. It helps you to make choices that must be made and realize things are not really out of control - they are under His control.

There is a peace that can be found knowing that His plan is playing out in our lives. God is in control. Trust Him. He loves you."

- Rick Norman

I am here to tell you and encourage you and tell you that you have a God who wants to help you live the most fulfilling, blessed, and freedom-filled life ever. Submit all your plans, everything you want to do and everything you want to be to Him. Talk to Him about it.

Instead of being restless, worried, and unhappy, ask Him to show you if you are exactly where you're supposed to be or if He wants you to move on to a different, better place.