I Asked 10 College Students What They Hate Most About College Life

If you thought high school was hard, try college.

1227

Most people, at least me, seemed to think high school was the hardest and most boring experience in their life. College has that excitement of making a bunch of friends from everywhere across the world, choosing your classes to take on your own time, and generally just having a lot more freedom.

However, with that freedom and fun comes a lot of responsibility. College is a fun time, but can be extremely stressful and challenging for each individual in different ways. I asked 10 college students what they feel is the hardest part about college.

1. “The school work of course. I wish I could just be in college, hang out with my friends, chill, but not go to class or do anything academic.”

2. “I hate the quarter system. We always have midterms even during Week 10. It goes by so fast that by the time I realize I’m failing a class, the class is basically over.”

3. “I hate the peer pressure. Not just academically, but socially too. You need to be cool and go out and drink and party, but at the same time, be able to control yourself and not go overboard or your reputation is at stake.”

4. “Greek life. It’s a f***ing cult and they think they’re better than everyone else.”

5. “I hate how fast rumors spread. I had sex with one girl and she told everyone I sucked. Now, I have an embarrassing nickname and no chance with most of the girls at school anymore.”

6. “The fact that everyone is so attractive and is always at the gym working out. I try, but I just take too many classes to devote that much time to looking hot. I don’t understand how girls show up to their 8 a.m. classes in a full face of makeup!”

7. “I hate how so many people just seem so repulsed by me. I know I’m not the most social, but every time it seems like I made a friend, they’ll block me on social media a couple days later. I’m not even sure what I’m doing wrong, but I don’t want to have some kind of messy confrontation.”

8. “I actually miss home. I thought I wanted to get away from my parents, but I wished I had went to a college at least somewhat driving distance from my hometown.”

9. “I hate how lonely I get. I’ll just be in my room, feeling like a loser. I don’t know if anyone else feels like this. Sometimes, even when I’m with my friends, I feel lonely. I don’t want to go out of my way to force people to make me happy because I know this is my problem and I need to get it out of my head.”

10. “I hate that no matter how hard you try, you still get a C in the class. You can go to every office hours and study so much, but the class will be so hard. And it’s so hard to ask for help sometimes. You actually have to reach out, which is different from high school when everything was handed to you.”