18 Phrases That Are In Every Student's Search History

18 Phrases That Are In Every College Student's Search History

College is scary. Google can help.

145

Since I've been at school, I've definitely relied on Google as my source for all information and probably trusted it more than I should. However, it hasn't led me wrong yet, so I must be doing something right!

1. *Web MD* "I have ____.  Am I dying?"

And before you know it, you're flipping out to your roommates because you think your stomach ache is Appendicitis (they still judge me for that one).

2. "Track my order"

Two day shipping can feel like two YEAR shipping when it's something important like toothpaste, or shampoo, or that really cool new phone case you wanted.

3. "Can I wash whites with colors?"

I haven't quite figured this one out, but so far I can say that none of my clothes are severely stained. Yet.

4. "Cute outfits, sweats"

Putting on real people clothing is too much, but you have to jazz up the sweats a little. Maybe some cool slippers or something.

5. "Why won't my computer/phone work?"

When our devices our down, our lives are down. It is completely urgent to search on the working device why the other device isn't working so that the problem can get fixed ASAP.

6. "Rate Professor ________, Villanova University"

Because with a new semester and lots of new classes coming up, it's important to know what you're getting yourself into.

7. "How much coffee should I be drinking a day?"

Were those 4 cups too much? Am I going to make it?

8. "How can I add money to my bank account?"

In college, funds run low very, very quickly. It's important to add money in before you go to buy that coffee and there's none left.

9. "How to create a citation"

I don't know about anyone else, but I still don't know how to properly cite my sources. Besides, that's what EasyBib is for!

10. "Sparknotes for Chapter 7 of (book)"

Old habits die hard. If you've been using Sparknotes to look up your books since middle school, it won't change once you get to college.

11. "Villanova University sweatshirt, tshirt, etc."

Because you can NEVER have enough apparel, and sometimes walking all the way to the bookstore is just too much work.

12. "Ab workouts"

Freshman 15 is REAL and it hits us all at some point. It's just a matter of balancing it with some core building as well.

13. "Insomnia cookies delivery"

Something has to contribute to the freshman 15! And if Insomnia Cookies are it, at least I'll be fat and happy.

14. "Salary of a (insert job option here)"

Because if I'm going to be doing all of this work, there better be some type of payoff!

15. "GPA calculator"

So...if I got a B on the last test I only need an A- on the next test to maintain the GPA I want. Oh yeah, I totally got this.

16. "Is it bad to wear the same jeans 5 times before washing them?"

Laundry is expensive, time consuming, and quite frankly just a lot of unnecessary work. I would rather just take the risk of the old jeans.

17. "Can (insert any food) expire?"

Sometimes you just feel stupid calling your parents AGAIN to ask if you can still eat that cup of mac n cheese from last week, so instead you turn to Google.

18. "Netflix"

Because at the end of the day, the best thing to do is curl up in bed and watch a few episodes of your favorite show to put you to sleep.