6 Feelings All College Students Have As Spring Semester Begins

From feeling sad, happy, or indifferent - all students are feeling it!

157
https://pixabay.com/photos/laptop-woman-education-study-young-3087585/

Winter break is over and that means school is starting up again. A new year, new classes, and the new semester will have its highs and lows. While students might have gotten into the swing of college life during the fall semester, relaxing is number one on many people's to-do-lists over break, and people lose touch with the emotions they felt during the fall semester. Here are a few things us college students are feeling about heading back to start a new semester:

Sadness Because Break Is Over

Break is done, so that means days of rest and relaxation are behind them which is sad to accept.

Excitement About Catching Up With Friends

While being away during break, many might have lost touch with some friends, so it's time to re-connect!

Anxiety About Upcoming Classes

While there might not have been stress when scheduling particular classes two months ago, anxiety about that one hard class will be consuming now with the semester in a matter of days.

Relaxation About The Easy Classes You Have

While that hard class brings the stress, the other easy class or two take away some of the anxiety about the new semester because you know it will be a breeze.

Motivation To Start The Year Off Strong

Now that it is a start of a new year and students are back is school, they might feel motivated by the start of the new year and with new resolutions to try their best in their classes and to work hard for their future career.

Indifference

For some, they might not even feel any different about going back, because they were so used to it from their experience as an underclassman, so going back multiple semesters after long breaks is no big deal. The new semester is just a regular feeling they are used to. How lucky to be them!

I hope some of you were able to relate to these emotions, or lack thereof, from your own experiences when you had to go back to college after a long break!