I Use My Faith In Everyday Life, I Stay In The Word

Staying in the word is often one of the hardest things to do on a daily basis. Here's how I try to stay in the word.

106
Sarah Pfile

Welcome to part 3 in my "Live Christian" series. If you didn't know, part 1 is called "I Use My Faith In My Everyday Life, I Stay Kind" and part 2 is called "I Use My Faith In My Everyday Life, I Love First." The final part of this series is about staying in the word. This one requires discipline and time. Staying in the word can mean several different things but most commonly meaning devotions.

Ideally, I try to read my bible every day even if it is just one verse to think on for the day. I do devotions every day. That being said I do miss some days (I'm not perfect). I use the YouVersion app to keep track of my devotional plan and set reminders to keep me reading. Other than devotions, I also read my bible with my friends. My roommate and I are reading through Psalms right now. How do we tackle a whole book of the bible you might wonder? One day at a time. First, pick a book and a friend or a group of friends. Next, set a pace. Ideally, I would like to read a chapter a day that gets difficult and everyone is different. You can do once a week or even whenever you guys have time to meet up. My roommate and I usually head to a coffee shop. Once we get our drinks, we read that days chapter and take notes along the way. After we're both done, we discuss. We talk about things that stood out to us or phrasing we like. The most important part comes after that. We pray. We pray that we learn everything we can from the passage. I also make an effort to ask her what I can pray about for her and write it with my notes. This way I can look back on it and see how God answers prayers.

Isaiah 40:8 says

"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever"

This means that everything worldly will come to an end but God and His word will last forever. There is a lot to learn from reading the bible. I love learning about the plan He has for me but most importantly I think it's good to be well educated in what you believe. I was raised Christian but I find it important that I chose my faith instead of blindly following what I'm told. I love my faith but I love it most because I chose it for me.

Thank you for reading this three part series! I hope you got everything you needed out of it. Remember to stay kind, love first, and to stay in the word. Have a wonderful rest of the day!