I Am A College Student In The Pro-Life Generation

Stop abortion.

50
Hagmann Report

Have you heard of the Students for Life group on your campus? If not, let me explain. Students for Life is a nationwide organization that is devoted and committed to raising awareness for the abolition of abortion. People from all around the country can relate to each other because of their support for this cause. Every campus’s Students for Life organization is unique, but they all have one thing in common; they are all providing a voice for the voiceless.

Let me begin by saying that my intent here is not to attack the pro-choice generation. Rather, my goal is to provide an in-depth insight and to bring awareness to college students all over the country about the very pertinent, yet controversial issue that is abortion.

Do you have a niece or nephew? A best friend? A brother or sister? Even an adult that you look up to? Now imagine your life without them. This is the harsh reality of what abortion is doing. It is taking away the lives of innocent human beings, like you and I.

Let’s look at the facts. Did you know that 22% of pregnancies end in abortion? This is a crazy number that needs to decrease drastically, if not totally. Fifty-one percent of abortions are performed on women younger than 25 years old. Being that this is OUR generation, it is OUR time to change the world and it is OUR time to take responsibility. Would you let your family, friends, coworkers, or even acquaintances murder the lives of innocent babies? My guess is probably not.

There is an easy fix to these outrageous statistics. Students for Life organizations at universities around the United States are dedicated to educating their fellow peers on this topic. Let’s take a look at what a few Students for Life organizations at various universities have to say:

Cisco Gonzales, Louisiana State University

“I can give you 58+ million reasons why I am pro-life. That’s the number of abortions that [has] occurred since 1973 when abortion became legal! I am pro-life because I believe that human life begins at the moment of conception . . . The biggest [events] we are focusing on is [making] LSU pregnancy and parenting friendly. We host diaper drives, clothing drives, and other things.”

Allie Casey, University of Louisiana - Lafayette

“As an organization, we base everything off of philosophy and science. With that being said, we believe that life is precious from conception to natural death and should be highly respected! Last year, we worked with the school and achieved our goal of putting baby changing stations in our new union’s restrooms . . . We volunteer [at] local pregnancy centers . . . and support a local organization that provides counseling and help to those that have been abused or raped.”

Katie Dolan, Spring Hill College

“We would meet up and really just talk about the upcoming activities. We had a cookout at our advisor's house and we were trying to get to Washington for the March for Life. In the past, the club has had movie nights, fiestas, and gone to the March for Life.”

Michael Riggs, Pensacola State College

“I am pro-life because every organism, no matter how small, has the right to live. We hold programs every month for students that are pregnant or that have children to provide diapers and toys for them.”

Sarah Huber, Marquette University

“ . . . I am pro-life because I firmly believe that all people have inherent dignity and because of that they deserve respect and they deserve rights, [including] the right to life . . . I also acknowledge the science behind when life begins, that is at conception. And because of that, no one has the right to lawfully harm that being.”

Anonymous, Nicholls State University

“We are for equal rights for all people. It is a scientific fact that life begins at fertilization. The unborn are just as human as you and I and should be given the same right to life. Since Roe v. Wade we've seen thousands of women hurt by abortion . . . We are fighting to . . . put an end to the greatest human rights injustice of our time . . . We train our members to speak with compassion with pro-choice [individuals]. We educate our members on life issues, current legislation, and how to offer resources to pregnant and parenting students.”

As you can see, there are people from universities all across the country taking a stand, not only on their campus, but also in their communities. Raising awareness for abortion and putting an end to it could be one of the biggest things that our generation does together in unity. If you would like to take a stand and join in the cause, contact your local Students for Life organization at your university. You can even start one up and help me and many other students make a stand, make a change, and most importantly, make a difference.