How To Keep Your Skin On-Point, On Top Of Everything Else You're Doing At School
Beauty Fashion

Need a little skincare pick-me-up? Here's a list explaining some of my favorite skincare products that are effective and affordable!

141

It's the beginning of the school year and you're in a new environment. Your caffeine intake has tripled and you're now stressed out. Your skin is mad. Your skin is angry. Your skin decides to take out its anger on you by becoming super-oily, overly dry, flaky, and new tenants called acne have moved onto your forehead but don't worry! The products listed below will not only help your skin be great but will also be easy on your wallet!

Step One: Cleansing

The first step to a good skincare routine is finding a cleanser suitable for your skin type. CeraVe's Foaming Facial Cleanser is affordable and gentle on the skin. For those who suffer from acne and oiliness, this cleanser would be best for you. A tip I learned is looking for things that are non-comedogenic which means they will not clog your pores. Another cleanser I enjoy, for those who are down for eucalyptus action and deeper cleanse, may want to try Noxzema. This cold cream has been around since 1914 and has been used by grandmothers, aunts, and mothers alike. What made me try Noxzema was this article from the Huffington Post about one woman's experience with the cold cream. The cream has a cooling sensation that's great for after sun action and it leaves my skin feeling soft and clean after sleeping in it. Just be mindful, if you decide to sleep in Noxzema for extra cleansing, your pillowcase may be a casualty of skincare war.

Step Two: Toning

So what exactly is toning? It is that step in-between cleaning your skin and moisturizing. Toners are made to rebalance your skin especially after using some harsh soaps and cleansers that can strip your skin of moisture. Toners also help get rid of excess oils and stubborn makeup that might not have been completely washed away by the cleansers. But don't think you can skip out on cleansing. Don't. For the love of all things good and moisturized, don't. Toners nowadays can target certain problem areas. Pixi's Glow Tonic offers a lovely, affordable, exfoliating toner that has aloe vera in order to prevent irritation. If you don't really want to spend fifteen dollars on one item, you can pick up a cheaper alternative at the nearest Walgreens.

Step Three: Moisturizing

My favorite part has finally arrived! A good moisturizer can really make or break your day/night (or maybe I just care a lot about skincare). Now, this step is key, I used to have oily skin and I thought if I skipped out on moisturizer I wouldn't get as oily. Boy, was I WRONG! My skin held a rebellion against me during that time, I learned my lesson. My favorite moisturizer of all time is the Bliss Drench and Quench Moisturizer. My first encounter with this product was when I received my first gratis from Ulta Beauty (I miss y'all). This moisturizer instantly turns into a watery like substance as soon as you rub it in and after it dries, your skin is left feeling supple and looking bomb.utk.edu. If you have a sensitivity to smell, this product may or may not work for you because it has a fresh, clean scent but it does fade after a few minutes. It is 20 dollars, which can be a bit much for a singular moisturizer but don't worry! I have alternatives. The E.L.F. Hydration Daily Moisturizer is a great alternative for beginners that don't want to break their wallet. It's only eight dollars and can be found at Ulta Beauty, Walmart, and Target.

I hope this quick list helps with your skincare routine and you see some products that peak your interest! Now, go forth and prosper (and glow).