15 Signs You KNOW You're A College Senior

15 Signs You KNOW You're A College Senior, Other Than Freshmen Looking Like Children

8. You've already mentally checked out.

5996
Emmie Pombo

I just started my LAST semester of college, and it has been a wild ride, to say the least - and I know that other college seniors will 100 percent agree with me. Senior year is when students get antsy to leave because they can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Here are 15 things I know all college seniors can relate to in one way or another.

1. An email from your advisor gets you more excited than from someone you like.

Come freshman year, advisors are giving you information about graduation, class changes, important audit info... That becomes more important and exciting than a text from a crush.

2. Freshmen officially look like children.

College freshman are so young and full of life. Maybe it's jealousy of the energy, but they officially look like kids.

3. You get encouraged that you can finally see the end of your academic tunnel.

The final year (or semester) is one big countdown until graduation.

4. A backpack full of supplies is narrowed down to just a laptop and coffee.

Gone are the days of lugging around 10 pens, five highlighters, notecards, folders, several different chargers, and a notebook for each class. Seniors know all you need is a laptop and a coffee to get through the day.

5. You can't be on campus without seeing at least five people know.

If you've been on campus the longest, you'll definitely know more people whether it's from events or classes.

6. You get special treatment.

You get put in classes that are already full, some absences aren't counted against you, you can call professors by nicknames...

7. Everyone knows you're a senior by the way you carry yourself.

Call it pride or lack of energy, the seniors are the ones either walking like they own the school or dragging because they're so exhausted.

8. You've already mentally checked out.

By senior year, you're already over assignments, quizzes, and studying.

9. But still need to try hard enough to pass your last classes.

Unfortunately, you still have to pass classes to graduate.

10. You know your school inside and out.

Like which drink from the coffee shop is actually the best, or the quickest shortcuts between buildings.

11. You treasure sleep over anything else.

Gone are the days of staying out until 2am with friends. By the time you're a senior, going to bed at 9pm is the dream.

12. You know all of the professors in your program.

You have stories from all the professors because you've crossed paths with most, if not all, of them.

13. Your camera roll is notes and/or slides.

Freshman and sophomore year, all the pictures on your phone were of friends and fun memories. Once you hit senior year, the only pictures you need are from class.

14. Your daily outfit choice is about comfort, not style.

For your first semesters or years on campus, you want to look cute and put together. When you reach senior year, it doesn't matter if you're wearing a baggy T-shirt and sweatpants - if you got to class in one piece, that's all that matters.

15. Your patience is slim to none.

Senior year is about going in, getting stuff done, and getting out.