Things You Learn In College

What you learn when you go to college even past freshman year

No one wants to miss out on a year at main campus but these are the reasons I am glad I did.

551
Kayley Little

As a graduating senior, you are excited to go away and move out of living with your parents' house for a few months, but what are outside the doors of your town?

Roommates

Instead of living with your parents, you might have something worse: roommates. You could be best friends with who you live with and honestly, that might be worse, for many reasons.

-Studying when your best friend is in the same room all the time.

-Trying to sleep when they are up and want to do something.

-Getting annoyed because yes, you love them, but, you have been with them for 72 hours.

How to Go to the Doctor

This one still has me beat; I usually call my mom (who is a nurse) and whine about why I think I am dying and usually, she fixes it by saying "take Tylenol." So if you are actually really sick, good luck.

Going Out

The dangers (and fun) that come with going out and not having a curfew or someone to say no. It is a Thursday night and all of your friends are going to schooner night at Chums, but you have to work at 6 a.m. and then have classes from 10am-2pm. Everything about that sentence just sucks; you want to go out and have fun but studies are most important. Having to push yourself to say no, to study, to take breaks from it, is hard especially as a freshman. FOMO is so real.

Spending Money

When you don't have your parents checking your bank account to make sure you aren't online shopping for the fifth time this week, sometimes there are issues. With no one to yell at you, you don't realize how much you have been spending and then you go to the Huntington app and all you see is Cazuelas $40.22, Moes $6.75, Chums $6.00, Cazuelas $35.97... (we get it, it was happy hour, but spending $40 at happy hour is still spending money *cough* Kayley *cough*).

Leasing an Apartment/House

You have to legitimately find friends a year in advance to live with you. A YEAR. That part of the year is insane trying to house hunt, keep everyone in their budget range, try and find a place somewhat close to campus, pick whether you want north or south; it is just insane.

Growing Up

How does one do this? Because if they know or could tell me that would be amazing because I still can't figure this one out.