College Majors As Pixar Movies

If College Majors Were Pixar Movies

Is your major on the list?

1351
If College Majors Were Pixar Movies
Pixar

Like literally everyone, I love Pixar. Every time I see the classic pixar lamp jump onto my TV screen, I feel a mixture of nostalgia and pure happiness. Their films are always poignant, deep, and visually stunning. They can also be applicable to our everyday lives.

Ever wonder what Pixar movie is most relevant to your life? Well, look no further. You can find out with your college major. No matter what your interests are, there is a Pixar movie for you, my friend. Here are college majors as Pixar movies:

1. Criminal Justice- The Incredibles

Just like the Parr family, criminal justice majors use their gifts to fight crime and keep the world safe. They have a keen sense of right and wrong, and seek justice for everyone.

Buy or rent it on Amazon.

2. Psychology- Inside Out

Psychology is all about the mind. What goes on inside our minds? Why do we act the way we do? These questions are answered both by Riley's story in Inside Out, and the Psych majors.

Buy on rent it on Amazon.

3. Environmental Science- WALL-E

We all know that pollution is slowly but surely destroying our planet. WALL-E works day after day to try to clean up the wasteland that his world has turned into, and Environmental Scientists are essentially doing the same thing, but using science and technology to do so.

Buy or rent it on Amazon.

4. Marine Biology- Finding Nemo

Finding Nemo explores the underwater universe and all the creatures living inside it! From the turtles of the East Australian Current to the clownfish living in sea anemones, this film dives into marine life just as a marine bio major does.

Buy or rent it on Amazon.

5. Culinary Arts- Ratatouille

Every foodie loved this classic Pixar film. Not only did it make us hungry from all the delicious food featured in the movie, but it showed just what a grueling and difficult job it is to be a chef.

Buy or rent it on Amazon.

6. Archaeology- The Good Dinosaur

Archaeologists are working to find out what happened on Earth before any of us existed. One of the most fascinating creatures of the past are dinosaurs. Where did they live? What did they eat? What did their homes look like? In The Good Dinosaur, Pixar creatively imagines the lives of one of our planet's most incredible animals.

Buy or rent it on Amazon.

7. Spanish/ Latin American Studies- Coco

Coco beautifully illustrates Mexican and Latin American culture through music, family, and adventure. With songs in Spanish, as well as the setting in Santa Maria, Mexico, this film pays tribute to the heritage of Mexico and highlights what makes the country so unique and special.

Buy or rent it on Amazon.

8. Mechanical Engineering- Cars

Mechanical engineers figure out how things work. From rocket ships to race cars, mechanical engineers will be able to take it apart and tell you what each part is for. Without them, NASCAR as we know it wouldn't exist.

Buy or rent it on Amazon.

9. Acting- Toy Story

The characters in Toy Story have one purpose: to bring happiness to their child. They each have a role to play, and work to entertain their owner. They act out scenes, and can play whatever character the child wants. This is very similar to the job of actors, who entertain others by telling stories.

Buy it on Amazon.

10. Geography- Up

Geographers learn about the world, from the Smoky mountains to the Mediterranean. The seek to explore the planet and discover all its nooks and crannies. The two explorers in Up, Carl and Russell, definitely seem to fit this personality, ad they trek through the wilderness on a grand adventure.

Buy or rent it on Amazon.

11. Electrical Engineering- Monsters Inc.

In Monstropolis, it is Sully and Mike's job to power their city with the screams of frightened children. These screams turn into energy which power their whole community. Electrical engineers essentially do the same thing, although using slightly different methods. They make sure our homes are lit and our cities are functioning.

Buy or rent it on Amazon.

Please note that all items are in stock as of the time of publication. As an Amazon Associate, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.