College Majors As 'One Tree Hill' Characters

Every iconic 'One Tree Hill' character relates strongly to an iconic major and these are the pairings.

688
The CW

I love 'One Tree Hill' and I love college. I'm sure many people can relate, so I combined the two best things on the planet to make a hybrid list of college majors and their 'One Tree Hill' counterparts.

There's nothing like relating to all of the OTH cast, but everyone has their one favorite character or "spirit animal." Based on your college major, here is your true OTH spirit animal:

Education- Haley James Scott

Everyone's favorite teacher, Mrs. Scott, is representative of one of the most underrated majors. An education major is usually reliable, caring, loving, and has a parental nature, which is a direct reflection of the icon, Haley James. However, like Haley, an educator is usually kick-ass and is never afraid to tell you how it is, but will always include a lesson learned!

Sports Management- Clay Evans

No one has more fortitude than Clay, or any sports management major you know. Just like Clay, sports management majors are very meticulous and sometimes have to make the tough calls, but they always double as a therapist and a shoulder to cry on if things didn't work out.

Editing, Writing, and Media- Lucas Scott

No surprise here. Our good old pal Lucas wrote two books that became wildly popular to the point where he had an agent. All editing, writing, and media majors, alongside creative writing majors, follow in Lucas' footsteps and don't give up! So many people will question what you will do with this degree, but just look at Luke! A successful writer and an amazing person. All people in this major seem to share these particular qualities with our beloved Lucas Scott.

Fine/Studio Arts- Quinn James

A hard major to be successful in post-grad, but a very rewarding one. People like Quinn take up in interest in capturing the real world for what it is, but also for it's most beautiful parts. People that take up art-related majors always choose to see the best in the world, while they use their talents to fight for change.

Music- Peyton Sawyer

Peyton showed us how to be ruthless and fight for yourself, as many music majors do as well. Being able to have success in a musical field takes tough skin as you will have all the haters sometimes. However, it is definitely worth it because you're following your heart and your passion, just like P. Sawyer.

Business- Dan Scott

Although we love to hate him, Dan Scott is a damn good businessman if I do say so myself. Business majors are everywhere and all have huge ambitions to be the CEO of a million-dollar company some day. Unfortunately for y'all, 9/10 times, you won't end up as well off as Dan, but you definitely have the potential to be well off with this career path. Business majors are usually headstrong and know what they want, which you all definitely have in common with Dan Scott.

Communications- Millicent Huxtable

Millie is a super assistant on OTH which is why I relate her to all the communications majors out there. The purpose of a communications major is to learn how to effectively communicate all information in different settings on a small and wide scale. That being said, y'all truly know how to be people pleasers and always have a positive attitude accompanied by a smile. We need more humans like you.

Motion Picture Arts- Julian Baker

Julian Baker is a hard worker with a charismatic personality, just like most film majors. It takes a lot to be successful in the film business, whether as an actress/actor or as a filmmaker/director. Everyone in this business is usually overwhelmingly beautiful and has been rejected from 10+ jobs, leading them to almost quit. Make sure you keep at it because look at how far Julian made it!

Entrepreneurship- Karen Rowe

Karen is a hidden hero in Tree Hill. She runs her own café as a single mother and later goes back to school to learn how to grow her business. Ambition, customer service skills, and heart embody her and all the entrepreneurship majors out there.

Journalism- Mouth

Good ole Mouth McFadden is one of our favorite journalists and, like the normal journalism major, is very smart and knowledgeable on what he reports on. Everyone thinks journalism and reporting is an easy career, but these majors know that there are years of preparation, a strong work ethic, and passion for what you do.

Product Development/Retail Management- Brooke Davis

Brooke Davis is the love of my life/spirit animal and as a kid, I wanted to be a fashion designer just like her. These people that choose to go into retail/product related majors are a special, creative breed. These majors love to use their creative outlet at all times and are the type of people that really have to work hard for themselves and persevere, just like Brooke!

Exercise Science/Athletic Training- Nathan Scott

Although Nathan plays professional basketball in the show, many exercise science/athletic training majors can relate to his sporty self. Also, Nate has a passion for helping others (as seen as his attempt at working for Fortitude for a little bit) which is what exercise science and athletic training majors do by helping people learn their bodies and how to work out!