University Of San Francisco Is Not Providing Feminine Hygiene Products

Are the women who are on this campus not allowed to have this in every building?

108
Unsplash

The University of San Francisco is breaking policies???? What!!!???

Yes, they could potentially be breaking a policy about providing feminine hygiene products.

USFCA is obligated to provide feminine hygiene products within the female bathrooms for FREE. Are they doing this? No, absolutely not.

Does it shock you? Maybe, maybe not.

Schools across the country are starting to provide their female students, faculty, and guests the right to obtain a feminine hygiene product if and when needed for free. That being said, I have spoken to many of my female peers in and out of the classrooms and asked if they have seen in bathrooms any hygiene products for women such as pads or tampons. At first, I thought maybe it is just me, but when I finally heard their response after they thought about it I was surprised that I was not the only woman that noticed it.

My peers have told me that they have not since feminine hygiene products within the bathrooms since they have been attending USFCA and that it is something that should be added. Not every female who comes to USFCA is always prepared for that type of emergency to happen because sometimes it just occurs when you least expect it. Why is it that this being a highly populated female school that the school does not supply their students, faculty, and visitors with the proper hygiene products? These are not luxury items, these are necessities - they are necessities that are not being granted to us.

Doing my audience analysis, I have noticed that approximately 95% of the people I have asked that involved faculty and students said they did not think that USFCA did not have feminine hygiene products in any of their bathrooms throughout campus. They thought that there were some bathrooms that had them, but in reality, they didn't.

With that being said, there has been a policy placed that public schools and areas should offer free feminine hygiene products be distributed amongst the women's restrooms in public schools and public areas, but I definitely think that this should be extended and implemented amongst USFCA.

What do you think? Should USFCA install a machine where the women who are on this campus can have access to feminine hygiene products or should they expect all the women to just come "prepared" as if this is something every woman can plan for?