26 Times Dexter Perfectly Described College

Being a college student isn't that different from being Dexter Morgan.

63
Redbrick

College is hard. being a serial killer who works for the cops? Also very hard. Here are just a few examples of how college students and the characters of Dexter relate to each other, and there is more than you would think.

1. When you have been studying for an exam for over 2 weeks and still have no idea what is going on.

With some classes, it feels as if I can study 24/7, and still have no idea what is going on. Actually, with most of my classes, but you get the point.

2. When all of your professors have 5 online assignments due, 2 essays, an exam all in one week, and try to give you even more work.

Sometimes, it seems as if the professor is out to get me. It's like the professors all get together and plan certain weeks where they all give out massive amounts of homework on the same week. I'll eventually get through it.

3. When you finally check your GPA for the first time at the end of the semester and didn't realize how terrible you've done this entire semester.

I dread looking at my GPA after finals. Nothing stresses me out more.

4. When you take that first sip of your morning coffee before your first class of the morning.

Coffee is the only thing I can rely on in college. No matter the stress, heartbreak, or just downright sadness that comes my way, coffee will always be there for me.

5. When you're 10 minutes into your 8 a.m. and just want to go home.

Why are 8 a.m.'s a thing?? The students do not want to be there. The professor doesn't want to be there. Please, just stop adding the option.

6. When you're finally done with finals week and look at your online assignments.

Ah, the sweet relief of the end of finals week. However, finals take everything away from me, and I feel nothing inside - just like Dexter, 99% of the time.

7. When you walk in and see your friend in the study room at 2 a.m. crying.

We all have to support each other: especially in this circumstance. Go give that girl a hug, and possibly a cup of coffee.

8. When your advisor is trying to get you out of his/her office.

Okay, I get it, you don't want me in your office for another hour, but I have 27 more questions about my major and life, and I need you.

9. When your "friend" from class won't give you the notes from the day you missed.

You are the root of all evil. Help each other out. Share your notes. Sometimes I can't make it to class. Help a sister out.

10. When a new semester finally begins, and you aren't sure how you feel about it.

New semester, new me. Or is it? The beginning of a new semester is a new opportunity and is extremely intimidating. Better make the best of it.

11. When you are debating on changing your major and are wondering what you're going to do for the rest of your life.

You have to be yourself and your major should reflect yourself. Be you, unless that includes being a serial killer. You should probably keep that hidden.

12. When someone complains about getting a 95 on an exam you failed.

If this is you, you are the worst. Do not complain about getting almost a perfect score on an exam. I had so many of these people in my classes. I can't.

13. When you try to talk to the financial aid office and they saw you buy that iced coffee from Starbucks.

Just.... please. I need money. And coffee.

14. When you've been sitting in the same seat in class for 2 months and you walk in one day and see someone else sitting there.

HOW DARE YOU. I have been in this seat, ALL SEMESTER, and you waltz in here like a prince and take my seat? No. Not today.

15. When you walk into class on the first day and your professor is explaining how difficult this class is and how much time you're going to have to put into studying.

Apparently, syllabus week doesn't exist. On day one they start teaching new material. I CAN'T.

16. When you have to say goodbye to your friends over the summer and you just want to tell them how much they mean to you.

I can't lie, I cried. It was so hard.

17, When your professor tells you that you just have to study to do better in their class.

Listen. I study. I study my butt off. Apparently, that is not all you have to do, thank you very much.

18. When someone tries to offer you the type of alcohol that reminds you of the time you almost died.

Stay away, devil. You can't control me anymore.

19. When you are trying to hype yourself up after a long night of studying... and/or partying.

YOU ARE YOUR OWN BOSS.

20. When you look around one of your classes and realize you don't really know anyone.

I know none of you, including the person I sat next to for two months.

21. When you look over at your friend during an exam and realize neither of you has any idea oh what's going on.

We're all in this together. At least I know I'm not alone.

22. When you are trying to fit in at the party but realize that this isn't your scene.

Yeah, no. This just isn't for me. I'm more of a stay-at-home-and-watch-every-episode-of-Dexter kind of girl.

23. When the creep you matched with on tinder tries to contact you again.

You are banned. Get away.

24. When you see people grinding to a slow song on the dance floor.

When it comes to Dexter's lack of social expertise, I am exactly like him. I just don't get why people do this.

25. When someone offers you free food.

If I ever pass up free pizza, please end me. Free food is love.

26. One quote that definitely sums up the entire experience of college:

To sum it up, college is difficult. It takes a lot out of you. However, you'll come out a better person. You learn who you are. Yes, it is a little cliche, but you become who you truly are, and you find yourself in college.