Date Party Etiquette 101- For Guys

Date Party Etiquette 101- For Guys

As a sophomore in college, I can rightfully say, and also say on behalf of other women, that the perfect date now and days is hard to find! I have heard too many tragic date party stories such as a date being an hour late to functions and dates being on their phone the whole time, to not say something. So, guys and even girls, if you are seeing this, please continue to read 1o simple reminders of how to be the best date!

266
Date Party Etiquette 101- For Guys

Always Be Ready In Time

Every girl knows that accidents happen, but no girl should have to wait for her date to get ready simply because of poor planning. If an emergency does pop up, find a ride to take you to where she is.

Open The Door For Your Date

I know your parents would be so upset if you did not open any door for any woman! This is such a simple gesture that also makes guys 10x more attractive.

Compliment Your Date

POV: You are getting ready for your date party. You spend hours doing your hair and makeup and just spent your last bit of allowance on your outfit. You meet up with your date after all that time of getting ready and he doesn't acknowledge any of your hard work. Exactly, just one simple compliment will do! It does not have to be thought out, just a "you look nice" or "I love your dress" is perfect! Trust me, every girl just needs that reassurance!

Have Fun, But Not Too Much Fun

Of course, functions are suppose to be a good time, but don't have too much fun that she has babysit you.

Talk To Her Friends And Her Friends Dates

There is nothing better than your friends telling you that they loved your date! It has also never hurt someone to make a good first impression at any event, social gathering, interview, meeting, etc.

Always Text Her The Day After

Just a simple "thank you for taking me" or "had so much fun yesterday" is just enough to let your date know that you had fun and that you were thankful that she asked you. Lets say you didn't even have that good of a time, still text her. Not every date you go with is going to be a perfect match, but it's simply just manners!

Make Conversation

I understand that some date parties just end up being awkward (trust me I have been there) but, there is always something to talk about. Remember that she choose you out of plenty of other men, so try to make the best of the situation!

Dance With Your Date, Or At Least Try To

If your date likes the dance, do NOT, whatever you do, just stand there!! Even if you feel like you look stupid dancing, she probably is blushing at your awkward dance moves. Let loose and have fun! You can only be young once, so step out of your comfort zone while you can. And if this makes you feel any better, I promise no one is paying attention to you.

Offer Her Your Jacket

Not all occasions require a suit and jacket, but if you happen to have one on and it is cold outside, give her your jacket. Even if she responds with "I'm fine", you better put that jacket on her yourself (she just doesn't want to seem difficult).

Talk To Your Date In Person After The Date Party

This may seem so silly, but I have seen so many posts and memes on social media about how dates act like they don't know each other after they went to a function together. Unless something went bad and you and your date are not on speaking terms, you at least need to say "hello."

I feel like all college students, guys and girls, always need a quick reminder of simple manners! It is so easy in college to look over the things that we have been taught since we were little without our parents around to correct us. I know that no one wants to be known as a "bad date" so hopefully you picked up some things that you may have forgotten and use them next time you get asked to a social event!