5 Things To Unpack From College

5 Things To Unpack From College

... And clean out!

112
5 Things To Unpack From College
Maddie Barber

Here are some things that you should consider donating/getting rid of. Half the stuff you accumulate in a college dorm room by the end of the year is probably junk anyways!

1. Dirty frat/bar shoes 

I shudder thinking about what I've stepped on at a frat house with my once-white canvas sneakers. Why I buy canvas when I know dirt and sludge is going to stick to them no matter how often I wash them- the world may never know. And why white? Again, the world may never know why I always think it's going to be a good idea to wear white shoes, white shirts, white shorts, white ANYTHING where I know there's going to be pink juice on it by the end of the night. I cannot stress this enough- throw. out. your. dirty. going. out. shoes.

2. Old sorority apparel

If you're a rising junior or senior like me, or if you're graduating (sad), it might be time to think about giving some of your sorority sweatshirts and canvases either to your little or selling them on Poshmark. Your little can either keep your t-shirts and letters for themselves or give them to their littles when the time comes. Regardless, as you get older there becomes less of a need for so much apparel with your college sorority letters plastered over them (think- will you be wearing these in 10 years? Most likely not).

3. Sleeping t-shirts 

I don't know about you, but every school year I seem to collect random t-shirts from service trips, sorority functions, accepted students days, etc.; shirts that I find suitable for sleeping and nothing more. When I come home, I cannot believe the pile of these t-shirts in my possession, so I force myself to go through them at the end of every school year and donate them to Goodwill. I now only keep my softest and most cherished t-shirts for bedtime.

4. Winter clothes, boots, accessories, etc. 

Looking at my black jeans, black boots, and big furry jackets tends to depress me come May (or if I'm being honest, come, like, March). So, I went to CVS and bought a $7 plastic, zip-up storage bin to store all of this stuff in and put it in my basement until extracting it again come winter break. Adios winter clothes, and hello shorts and sandals (thank goodness).

5. Books 

If your school's bookstore didn't buy back most of your books like mine, then consider giving them to Goodwill alongside any books from your bookshelf at home that are either too young for you now, you've read too many times to count, or have been collecting dust for the past decade that you truly will never read. These plus some of the books from last semester's British Literature class Goodwill will gladly accept. Plus, more room for those summer romance novels you love too much to stop purchasing every June.