College Can Be Scary But You Meet Some Amazing People Along The Way

The friends you do make and the friends that stick by your side are the ones worth everything.

50

When starting college whether it's your very first day or your very last day can be scary. It can be nerve-wracking because you're always going to see new people and meet new people every day along the crazy journey of college. The friends you do make and the friends that stick by your side are the ones worth everything.

When you start college there either isn't going to be a single person you know or half of your high school will be going to the same college as you. For me, JSU wasn't my first college to go to so when I moved there I was accustomed to meeting new people and to making friends because I had already done it twice.

When I got to JSU I immediately wanted to get involved. I joined three organizations in the course of a year. I love all of the organizations that I joined and in every one of them, I have the people that I know I cannot live without.

When going through college or even before you get to college your parents, teachers, and mentors tell you that you will meet your best friends in college. For girls you'll meet the girls who'll be your bridesmaids and boys will meet the guys that will be their groomsmen one day. I had heard that my entire high school career and thought it was a load a bull crap.

When I went to Snead State an Jefferson State I didn't feel that connection with people. However, I moved to Jacksonville State University and felt that connection almost immediately. The people I see on a daily basis now are those that I cannot live without.

Everyone I have met has made an impact on my life some for the good and some for the bad. There are definitely people that have taught me to be a better person and people that have taught me hard lessons that I needed to learn.

Every person that I have met has been amazing. Like I said they could've been toxic or they could still be here in my life I love the people I've met. Now I actually understand what those people said when they said I'll meet my lifelong friends because I have and I wouldn't trade them for the world.