College Is Almost Over

College Is Almost Over

Bye College, since I graduate this Fall...

119
College Is Almost Over
SerbBgd

I’m a Senior at Virginia Commonwealth University, and it’s hard to believe I’ll be done in December. All this hard work will pay off in the end too. These classes really teach me about what it’s like to be a journalist. It’s pushed me to the limit, and just when I thought I would drop out, I didn’t. I kept going knowing there will be a light at the end of the tunnel. I am going to miss it though since time in between class is spent at the Cabell Library, and eating at the various places around VCU. I’ll miss days where school is cancelled because of snow, and days where the professors are funny and worth going to. I’ll have all the skills I need to become a real journalist, and experience covering press conferences, chasing bills, and reporting on stories. I’ll miss taking random classes to boost my GPA in a variety of subjects. I can feel my college experience ending, and I could not be happier.

I’m not going to miss tests, essays, and sitting in class listening to lectures. I’m not going to miss being worried about getting a parking space, or fighting traffic since I commute. I don’t have to share my space with a roommate, and I have a car to drive so when I get out of my last class I can go straight home. I won’t miss having to take extra time for all these outside assignments work. I won’t miss those annoying bulky cameras for audio/video journalism. I hated carrying around those things since they were so heavy. I won’t miss going to school during the week day, and working all weekends. I won’t miss the crowds as I walk to and from classes, and I was happy to get a laptop so I don’t have to worry about finding a computer. I’ll miss the semesters where I ride to school and back with my mom. I won’t miss riding the campus connector when it’s crowded, and I won’t miss getting up early to enroll in class and get a parking space before everyone else. They say college is the best time of your life, but for me it was a pain in the ass. Maybe it would be different if I lived on campus, but commuting is harder than I thought. I loved some of my professors since they were awesome, and I’ll never forget one of them saying, “Get drunk with your editors.” I loved how sarcastic some of them were, and I’ll miss some of them. I won’t miss the meaner teachers since a few of them seemed to hate their jobs. I loved taking the fiction writing class, and it was fun writing my stories. I loved the Graphics for Journalism class since it allowed me to be creative. I do feel like I could have done better grade wise, and tried harder so I can be done sooner. I interviewed the owner of my favorite restaurant Wing Command, and did a video project on Celiac Disease. I’m able to get an internship doing online work which is what I want to do. I want to write full time, and maybe I can write books full time instead of part time. As time passes I can feel the ending of my college closer and closer. I could not be happier since I’ll have a degree soon, and get a full time job in the field I want to have. That is why I went to college since I want to become an awesome journalist. To do that I need a degree, and I put my mind to it and finally got it.