The College Admission Scandal Is Seriously Messing Me Up

The National College Admission Scandal Has Me Seriously Shook

How did no one see this coming?

51

While on Twitter today, I was absolutely in shock when I found out about the National college admission scandal. I could not believe those who were involved. In case you have not heard about what happened basically, this scandal shows the lengths wealthy/celebrity parents will go to get their children into ivy leagues and highly competitive universities. Over 50 individuals were charged with committing these crimes.

These parents paid up to a million dollars in order to score their child a spot in the freshman class at schools such as USC, Yale, and Georgetown.

To begin, One of my old favorite YouTubers from high school and her mother are involved in this scandal, Olivia Jade. I was absolutely shocked when I found out about this because she is an influencer who her millions of followers look up to. She has a huge following and was up and coming in the makeup world.

It is unknown if she knew about this scandal but what shocks me the most is that her mom is freaking Aunt Becky from Full house, Lori Loughlin. She apparently had spent over five hundred thousand dollars for her children to attend The University of California which is a very competitive school to get into.

Another figurehead involved in this scandal was Felicity Huffman who is known for her role in Desperate Housewives which is one of my absolute favorite tv shows. This comes off being so shocking because its the length these individuals went in order to get their children into the schools. Some of the craziest being that some convicted photoshopped their children playing sports to get them recruited onto these sports teams.

Not only were celebrities and CEO's of large firms involved but also coaches were at the schools. It is said that this scandal is the Justice Department's largest-ever college admissions case. These parents hired individuals to take their children's standardized tests, hired proctors for the test, invested in certain charities, paid off coaches and officials of teams which just shows the privilege these children have.

Those involved took away spots of deserving students and that honestly breaks my heart. In the case of Olivia Jade, She was said to be on a rowing team and that alone got her into the school. Her parents sent in a picture of her on a rowing machine. That alone shows how crazy privilege can be and how one can think that is morally okay. I guess with this case it just shows how money and connections can get anyone anything they need. I'm curious to see the outcome of this case