It may be too soon. But it is not over.

It may be too soon. But it is not over.

It is too soon to say goodbye. It is too soon to leave. It is too soon to be over.

31
It may be too soon. But it is not over.

Leaving campus for the rest of the semester is not easy. Especially, for the Class of 2020, the seniors who just wanted to finish their college experience strong. We had to say our goodbyes, leave, and have our campus life over. The Spring 2020 semester without friends who became family does not seem fair. Overall, we feel a sense of loss. Loss and disappointment. Disappointment of not walking across the stage and graduating when we are supposed to, not seeing our loved ones graduate, not going to social events or seeing our best friends one last time before we had to leave.

The first time I heard the news of classes going online until the end of the semester I was devastated. I thought of everything that my friends and I have lost. Now, it is time to think of what will be gained for us and for all college students. Even though we have so many losses, we have important gains.

We have gained a sense of self and introversion from social distancing. We have gained to know who our true friends are through this difficult time. We have gained resilience and self-control. Most importantly, we have gained a story, a life story, to tell to kids that we survived in the face of adversity and history.

It may be too soon to change our plans. It may be too soon to end. It may just be too soon. But it is not over.

We have years of life left to make the most of now because we know how rapidly our favorite things can end. We will not take for granted the good times we will have with our friends and family. We will live life to the fullest because we know how to live life while doing the bare minimum.

Through all the goodbyes and too soons, I will leave you with this quote. Always remember, don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Best of luck in everything life throws at you,

Your fellow college student who had too many too soons but is trying to stay positive for the future (Class of 2020)