Coffee Naps: Name A Better Duo

Coffee Naps: Name A Better Duo

The only thing better than coffee or naps is both of them rolled together as one.

81
Coffee Naps: Name A Better Duo
Huffington Post

You all know the drill. You had a hectic week filled with writing papers, studying for exams, going to work, and still trying to maintain somewhat of a social life. You are mentally and physically exhausted, and your body is drained. Your first instinct is to do one of two things: reach for that cup of coffee or take a nap. But have you ever thought about doing both?

Coffee naps boost your energy more than a cup of coffee or a nap alone. The reason it works so well is because the caffeine from the coffee blocks the receptors in your brain that make you feel tired. Additionally, when you sleep in general, those receptors are naturally cleared. So, if you sleep for only 20 minutes, as that is how long it takes for caffeine to hit your brain, it will be more effective because there are less sleepy receptors to compete with.

The best part isn't just that it makes you more awake, but it is also extremely time effective. Most of the time you have so much stuff to do that you are afraid you don't even have the time to take a nap. Or, if you do end up taking a nap, you will end up falling into a deep sleep and sleeping for an hour or more. Not only is this wasting time, but you end up waking up groggy as you now have to recover from the nap and interrupting the cycle.

Not with coffee naps.

All you have to do is drink a cup of coffee within a couple minutes and then sleep for no longer than 20 minutes. You don't even have to completely fall asleep. As long as you are laying comfortably with your eyes closed and your breathing and heart rate slows to a resting state, then the coffee nap will be successful. You will wake up feeling more refreshed and energized than ever before. Don't trust me? Try it. You won't regret it.