Why You Should Drink Coffee In College. No, Really
Food Drink

Drinking Coffee In College Could Inevitably Lead You To A More Successful Future

Ever wondered why successful people drink coffee? And that too in ridiculous amounts? Well here is why!

381

Ever see those TV shows where the leads constantly make an espresso? Or those movies where the main characters are making coffee while having a serious discussion? Most of the times these people are shown to be hard workers and rich businessmen/women.

Well, having coffee as a college student has a similar effect. While many might ask what the correlation between coffee and success is, as a college student, I can say that there most certainly is a correlation, and that too a positive one.

We college students pull all-nighters just to make an A on the exam the following day. But we do something in that process that enables us to even pull off the all-nighter, which is coffee. Coffee is an essential part of a college student's diet. One cup of coffee contains approximately 95 mg of caffeine. Now many may say, "Duh, its coffee." But what they may not know is the effects of caffeine on an individual. Caffeine being a stimulant drug helps improve mental processing and blocks the neurotransmitter, adenosine's pathway. It helps elevate alertness and can help with elevating your mood. As you fall asleep after seeing that 40-page history chapter you have to read, caffeine helps prevent that from happening and allows you to have a successful all-nighter.

Coffee has not posed to be a harmful substance in its origins in the 15th century. It is used all across the world by people of all ages, races, and cultures. But the benefits of coffee that students get is nonetheless better than anything else. Because in the end, by having coffee, and pulling an all-nighter, you will get an A which will lead to a high GPA and make you a more promising candidate for a job. That job might be the difference between the broke college student syndrome and a wealthy person. In 10 years, while you may not think back about the cup of coffee that kept you having during finals week, you will still be sipping on coffee, sitting in the lawn of that million dollar mansion and not have a clue about how amazing and how much one cup of coffee added to your life. Coffee makes destinies.