Coachella Is Overhyped But I Don't Care

Coachella Is Overhyped But I Don't Care

It's the perfect three day weekend that we all are dying to go and be basic.

15

You know it is the unofficial start of music festival season when you see a poster full of artists and bands for everyone's taste in music that you have to squint to read like the eye reading chart when you go to your eye doctors appointment once a year.

Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival is an annual music and arts that is held in the desert valley that the music festival gets its name from that is about 127 miles east of Los Angeles, California.

It was started in 1999 and features musical artists from all types of genres along with many art installations. The festival takes place over two three-day weekends in April.

It seems like in the past five years or so, Coachella keeps getting bigger and bigger. They get popular artists such as Beyoncé, Lady Gaga, and Ariana Grande to be the main headliners to the festival.

Every year, you see the biggest celebrities, beautiful supermodels, popular Instagram influencers, and more attend the festival that you know will show up all over your social media feed.

The fashion that attendees wear is something that everyone who can't go looks forward to. The trends each year at Coachella can go from your typical flower crowns to this year's trend of assless chaps.

Because of all of this, Coachella is one of the largest, most famous, and most profitable music festivals in the United States and all over the world. Does it really deserve all of the hype that it gets? Why is it better than all the other music festivals that take place all over the United States?

In my honest opinion, I do think Coachella is just a bit overhyped. It honestly does bring the same type of artists at all the other major music festivals like Lollapalooza in Chicago and Governors Ball in NYC.

The main reason it is so popular especially in the past couple of years is because of the social media following of everyone who attends. While the attendees aren't at the concerts, they spend their time trying to get the artsiest photos in their over-the-top outfits.

With all that being said, I swear I'm not being a hater for anyone who has or wants to attend Coachella. I want to go so bad no matter how overhyped and basic going to the music festival is.

I want to go see all the artists that I like who are playing at the festival. I want to wear cool outfits just to take fun and aesthetically pleasing photos to share on my social media so everyone can wish they were there too. I want to be that basic Coachella attendee.

I just got to start saving my money so I can buy the three-day pass and plane tickets that I know is definitely very expensive and overpriced. For now, I'll just be watching the YouTube live-streams in the comfort of my own bed.