Clowns, Not Just a Entertainer Anymore?

Clowns, Not Just a Entertainer Anymore?

Clowns are making a comeback, and not a silly one.
17

In the last few weeks, there have been major reports of clown sightings all throughout the nation. Whether or not these clowns were dangerous was a question that is still waiting to be answered. It all started in South Carolina, kids were saying that clowns were trying to lure them into the darkness of the woods. To do what you ask? Nobody really knows.

In most recent news, the clowns have been making their way to college campuses. Being from Syracuse, New York I have already heard many stories coming from Syracuse University, SUNY Cortland, and SUNY Brockport.

I've recently been looking up on what is going on with these clowns, and what their derogative is. According to a recent CNN article, there are about six or seven theories as to why this is going on, not just in New York, but in the entire country. Even the king of horror Stephen King is saying this is a bit over the top.

As far as I have heard, no one from the three colleges listed above has been hurt, which is good to hear. Fortunately, Syracuse University has put out a "do's and don'ts list" in response to getting calls of clowns around campus. This list does not just apply to SU, anyone can go and read it and keep it as a reference.

Moral of the story: Do not dress up as a clown for Halloween, read up on what your community is doing to take action against this odd phenomenon, and how you can keep you and your family safe.

You can find links to both of these articles below.

http://www.syracuse.com/su-news/index.ssf/2016/10/...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/05/health/creepy-clowns...