Clown Sightings In Long Island: Fact Or Fiction?

Clown Sightings Reports

69

If you've been keeping up with the news lately than you've heard of the creepy clown sightings that have been reported since August of 2016 in places such as South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, Maryland, New Jersey, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania.

Unfortunately, recent clown sightings have been reported on Long Island. As reported by Newsday, clowns have been seen in the areas of North Babylon and Brentwood. In Brentwood, Long Island, there have been claims made that clowns have been "jumping in front of cars".

This raises a serious concern due to the connection between clowns and reports on clowns attacking women and wanting to attract younger children, luring them into the woods. "The first reports of unusual clown sightings surfaced late in August in Greenville County, S.C., with stories that the costumed figures were offering children money to lure them into the woods or were lingering in places and giving residents the heebie-jeebies." as reported by The New York Times.

For now, what is advised is to lock your doors when driving, be aware of your surroundings and not to walk to your car alone. its best to be cautious and if having to do so, use a buddy system when walking around after sunset. An event this serious should not be taken as a joke. False reports, chasing, and threats are actions taken seriously by law enforcement. With the holidays emerging its best to be careful and to be cautious of children.