Clothing Company Patagonia Donates 100% Of Black Friday Sales

This company is taking full initiative on trying to save the earth.

760

There has been a lot of negative news this week showcasing what's bad in the world. From the Ohio State University attack to the Brazilian Soccer Team being on an airplane that crashed, its hard to see some positive. However, the outdoor Patagonia company showed us this Black Friday that there is still some good in the world. The company will be donating all of the sales they collected on this huge shopping day, all ten million of it.

Yvon Chouinard, founder of the company, started his dream, four decades ago. Since then, the main goal of the company, and it is even in their mission statement, is to "…use business to inspire and implement solutions to the environmental crisis.” For the past thirty years, the company has donated one percent of sales to different environmental charities, and has even spent twenty million dollars helping other environmentally conscious business start up.They even help the environment by using recycled materials for their clothes! However, this year the company went even further in their movement to save the Earth. Patagonia agreed to donate one hundred percent of its sales this Black Friday to help the environment. What the company didn't know was that they would raise five times more then they expected to, and help small grassroots environment charities even more than they planned! Many people came out to purchase their first Patagonia item to help their mission and work with these small charities. Many of the charities that recipients of the donations are very underfunded in their fight for clean air, water, and soil. The difference that the money will make is astounding.

The company is also encouraging a pursuit in knowledge on the subject of the environment. They want people to look at the science behind all the natural disasters happening. Once there is knowledge on the subject, actions can be taken to slow down or stop what is happening. By working together, we can save the wildlife, stop global warming, protect wild environments, and learn how to re-use materials!

I would like to thank Patagonia for their actions in helping save the earth. Thanks to seeing you take this initiative, you have also gained a loyal customer.