4 Personality Types Every Friend Group Needs

We all have these personalities and we know we need them.

3702

Every friend group meshes differently. All groups have friends from different backgrounds and with different interests, however, there are some personality types that just seem to make a friend group really solid. It seems as though we all have at least one girl in all of our different cliques with these personalities.

1. The mom.

We all have that one friend who seems to take care of everyone in the group, who comes running to hold your hair if you're throwing up, who reminds you to bring a jacket with you when its cold, who tries to enforce good decision making and responsibilities, and who fights to maintain peace and love in the group. It might be a struggle to get her out, but she enjoys a good time, too. We need this girl because we all miss our real moms, sometimes, and she can be a good replacement. Whenever you need a shoulder to cry on, or serious help, you can count on her.

2. The rebel child.

This would be the girl who is the opposite of the mom. She is always down for a good time. She's the one who gets the mom of the group to go out. The rebel child is the one to go to when your boyfriend just dumped you and you are in desperate need of a night out to forget him. You can always count on her to help you have the time of your life. She is the girl who would still be down to roll a house at age 22 -- because why not? She will never judge you. You can go to her with your worst mistake and know she will just try and help you fix it with not judgement. She is vital to the friend group because, without her, we might all just be watching Netflix every night.

3. The goofy, child-like one.

This is the girl who keeps everyone laughing. She has some innocence to her and she doesn't care what anyone thinks. She is goofy and does not like acting her age all the time. Sometimes, she will be completely unaware of any conflict within the group because she has a childlike view of the world, which is beautiful. When your life is depressing and you don't think you can possibly be happy, think again. This girl can make anytime a good time. We all need a friend who can keep our spirits lifted and keep our minds off the negative parts of our lives. You can count on her to make you laugh even in your darkest times and we all know we really need that.

4. The HBIC.

This is the girl who, basically, runs the group. She is blunt and likes things her way, which isn't always a bad thing! She is amazing because she will never allow her friends to be treated as door mats. She always stands up for what she believes is right. She will tell honestly which outfit looks best, and which boy you should stay away from. She is so important to the friend group because she won't put up with the petty fights us girls get into. She will call out the BS, and you know someone will always have your back with her around.

Some friend groups have multiples of each personalities -- which only makes for a better time. Often times, girls have more than one of the characteristics. It seems as though, regardless of what clique you're in, we all have these personalities and we know we need them! Shout out to my wonderful friends with these personalities, I couldn't survive without y'all!