Cleaning Jobs Are Not Terrible

Cleaning Jobs Are Not Terrible

5 reasons why cleaning jobs are beneficial for people

138
Cleaning Jobs Are Not Terrible
Steve Volk

When people think about having jobs, full time and/or part-time, they don't think about jobs that are mainly about cleaning or garbage. However, we need people for those kinds of jobs. If no one cleaned or took out the trash, what would our lives be like? Messy, stinky, unsanitary, etc. We need cleanliness.

As someone who is a part-time dorm cleaner, I know that it is important. Not only is it nice when things are clean, but in addition, it is sanitary. This reduces the likelihood of spreading illnesses and diseases that could be contagious. I know that people don't think about having cleaning jobs, but it's not all that bad. Here's why.

1. Routine check/scheduling. When I work, I have about 2 hours to do all my tasks. But, I get it all done in about 1 hour 15 minutes. I clean under a routine that allows me to work efficiently and get things done faster. It's also like a schedule. The faster I get things done, the sooner I leave. By following a schedule or getting into a routine, life can go more smoothly and function more efficiently.

2. Basic cleaning techniques. Not everyone may have a cleaning job, but we all have to clean in general. Having a cleaning job just enhances that practice or teaches you how to do other kinds of cleaning that you may have to do in the future.

3. Free workout. With my cleaning job, I am on my feet the whole time. I use my whole body during my entire cleaning process, mainly my arms and upper body. Taking out trash, vacuuming, and mopping involve a good amount of strength, so I consider it a workout for myself.

4. Humility. Nobody is perfect, yet some people feel that they are on top of the world and are more important than anyone else they know. That is called pride. However, what if those people stepped into the world they put down, like the lives of those who clean for a living? Would they then see importance? Hopefully, and that means they will find humility too.

5. Teamwork. With my job, teamwork is involved. Though I work alone, someone else does my tasks on the days I don't work. In other cleaning jobs, there would be 2 or 3 people involved, depending on what and where things need to get done. You learn to communicate and collaborate, directly and indirectly, and learn the value of teamwork.