Classic Songs From The '60s To '90s That Will NEVER Get Old

These hits from the '60s to '90s have a unique flair that will never fade away with time.

2201
mrbluegenes / Flickr

Every now and then, present day music just doesn't seem to cut it anymore. You long for the groove and authenticity vibrant in the '80s and '90s and miss the classic, yet fantastic hits that the '60s and '70s brought along. Possibly inspired by the "Stranger Things'" throwback to the '80s, without further ado, I present to you some classic songs that will never fade away with time.

1. Time After Time - Cyndi Lauper (1983)

This song is so deep and thoughtful. I heard it first on "Parks and Recreation," actually, when April, Donna, and Ann sing the chorus! It hits you deep and is so fun to sing out loud.

2. Don't You (Forget About Me) - Simple Minds (1985)

I have yet to watch Breakfast Club (I know, what am I even doing with my life?!), but this song is amazing. Admittedly, I hadn't heard it before watching Pitch Perfect, but I've been obsessed ever since.

3. Every Breath You Take - The Police (1983)

I'd actually discovered this gem through a cover I heard by Denmark + Winter. The lyrics are amazing and you can't help but sing along with passion.

4. Take On Me - a-Ha (1985)

Possibly my favorite classic song of all time! The music video is visually stunning and the music itself is perfection.

5. Don't Stop Believin' - Journey (1981)

I discovered this song in middle school when I played it in band! It's musically beautiful and lyrically profound.

6. I Want It That Way - Backstreet Boys (1999)

This song is a romantic classic. It's so sweet and I can listen to it on repeat. In fact, I've done that several times...

7. Quit Playing Games - Backstreet Boys (1997)

Another romantic classic. This song never gets old and the beat gets me nodding my head.

8. My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion (1997)

The beginning flute music is beautiful beyond words. And c'mon, it's Rose and Jack's love theme from the "Titanic." Need I say more?

9. Can't Help Falling In Love - Elvis Presley (1961)

An oldie but a goldie.

10. Imagine - John Lennon (1971)

The lyrics are profound and incredible. It can put a smile or brings tears to anyone listening to it. It'll never fade away.

11. Macarena - Los Del Rio (1993)

Can you believe this song is more than twenty years old?! It's the OG of all dance anthems out there: "Cupid Shuffle," "Cha Cha Slide," "Gangnam Style," "Watch Me Whip" and so on.

12. Another Brick In The Wall - Pink Floyd (1979)

This song has a strong message and is groovy at the same time. It's a masterpiece.

13. Stand By Me - Ben E. King (1962)

It's a sweet and adorable song, and once again I discovered it through a cover by Denmark + Winter.

14. Livin' la Vida Loca - Ricky Martin (1999)

This song is awesome. The beat, background music, and voice are great. First heard it when I danced to it on "Just Dance!" It makes for a great dance song.

15. The Sounds of Silence - Simon & Garfunkel (1964)

The lyrics are absolutely amazing and hard-hitting: "Hello darkness, my old friend. I've come to talk with you again." More songs like this one need to exist.

The list goes on, but I'll leave you with these! Today's music is great in its own sense, but these classics carry a sort of splendor that is oh-so-magical!