10 Of My Favorite Classic Rock Bands

Quarantine has led me to fine tune my musical taste. I've discovered that the music that boosts my serotonin levels is the classic rock bands of the 70s and 80s. Perhaps I was born in the wrong era, but here are my 10 favorite bands that I've been listening to these past two months.

Eagles

The Eagles have some of the best road trip songs. There's something about their music that makes you want to ride a horse across New Mexico and watch the sunset. The rhythm and guitar strumming is very relaxing and laid back.

Dire Straits

A lesser known British rock band that I had never heard of until a friend mentioned them this year. If you're a guitar player, you'll love these guys. They know how to use chords and riffs to create the perfectly melodies. That and their lyrics are so poetic. There are plenty of serenade worthy songs.

Styx

They've got power and vocals beyond what I've ever experienced before. They also have a very odd sound that's a little different than the average rock band. It's almost fantastical.

Journey

Another household name. Everyone knows their song "Don't Stop Believing", but they also have some very powerful rock ballads under their belt as well.

Fleetwood Mac

One word: trippy. Their music makes you want to grab all of your friends and dance around the woods in the middle of the night. It's beautiful.

Queen

A classic British band that almost everyone is familiar with, but I tend to enjoy their less popular songs the most.

The Beatles

Everyone knows the Beatles and I mean everyone. The Beatles really emit those fell-good summer vibes with their music.

Guns N' Roses

Guitar. Lots of guitar. If you play guitar, chances are you've encountered a Guns N' Roses song. They're very well known for their riffs and raspy vocals.

Europe

This is another band I wasn't quite familiar with until this year. They can be defined as hair-rock. You know, the old-school rock bands with the long hair. Yeah, that's Europe. Their songs make you want to get up and get something done.

Van Halen

I discovered Van Halen through my father's old vinyl collection from when he was a kid. He had their 1984 album and I love every single song on it.