My Circuit of the Americas Experience

My Circuit of the Americas Experience

34
My Circuit of the Americas Experience
Circuit of the Americas

One of my best friends and I got the opportunity this past Saturday to go to the 2016 Formula 1 United States Grand Prix at the Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas. It was definitely a really cool experience. I honestly did not think I would have that much fun watching cars race around a track, but from watching the cars to getting to see Taylor Swift perform later that night, it was all in all a really fun experience. So, here are some highlights from my day at the Circuit of the Americas.

The weather was perfect.

The weather was literally so perfect. It felt sunny and 75 all day long. We even had to wear light jackets when we were in the shade. It was wonderful.

There were people from all over the world.

There were people from all over that had traveled to see these races that were just an hour away from my house. It was cool to see so many types of people from all different backgrounds from all over the world.

We had some pretty great seats.

They came with a complementary lunch buffet and ice cream bar. I was in heaven.

The races themselves were actually really cool.

I’m not much of a car race type of girl. I once went to a NASCAR race when I was in the fourth grade, and have been to a handful of car shows with my car fanatic of a boyfriend. However, it was actually pretty cool to me to see these speedy Formula 1 cars race around the track. My favorite was probably the Porsche races, though.

The craziness of waiting for Taylor Swift.

Waiting around with thousands of people in every direction was pretty crazy, but it was even crazier when they finally let people through and it became a stampede. It was terrifying and exciting at the same time.

Getting to actually see Taylor Swift perform live.

I’ve always liked Taylor Swift. Her old stuff better than her new, but it was so cool to finally see her live. She has definitely perfected the art of performing on stage. She takes on this whole other persona and can completely mesmerize the entire crowd. My friend Jessica and I were fan girling when she played some of her older songs and we got to re-live our middle school years.

Walking almost 15,000 steps in boots.

I definitely did not wear the right type shoes for this event. My feet were bruised and swollen the next day. However, the shoes looked cute with my outfit and I went way over step count on my Fitbit, so it was still a good day.

Getting to do It all with my best friend.

Of course, getting to do it all with my best friend since the 8th grade made the chaos of the people and my aching feet all worth it.

So, thank you Circuit of the Americas and Taylor Swift for making my Saturday a great one.