6 Chrome Extensions That Saved My School Year

Let's make this semester the best part of the craziest year.

43

The start of my semester started off pretty poorly. Like a lot of people, I was unmotivated and already stressed. The first couple of weeks of college was a disaster. Combining these Chrome tools and an actual working sleep schedule saved me from failing my first class.

1. Grammarly

Grammarly is an essential for any student. It will check the spelling, grammar, punctuation, and tone of the writing for you and give suggestions on how to make your writing its best. It works on multiple writing platforms and really easy to use.

2. Netflix Party

There has to be a balance of a social life in this crazy year. Netflix Party has given my friends and I something fun to do while being apart. Netflix Party allows multiple people to watch the same movie or show on Netflix at the same time. There is even a little comment section to send messages or jokes to each other when there's a plot twist.

3. Dark Reader

Unsplash

Ever have those annoying websites that only show BRIGHTEST screen possibly for no reason when you're doing homework at 2 am? I know you have. Dark Reader is the extension that makes every website into a dark mode. It can also simply turn off the bright white tint from the screen giving it a more gray look. It has saved my eyes from straining.

4. Honey

Honey is the money-saving extension. It has saved me so much money because of my new formed online shopping habit. Honey will find the best deals and help you out during checkout.

5. Current

Current is a mindfulness and meditation extension. Every new tab you open opens you to a short reflection statement which reminds you to take a second and breathe. In addition to that, they have more in depth and longer breathing sessions and mediations that take a few minutes, and are perfect to help you de-stress at any time of the day.

6. Coffeelings

Unsplash

The aesthetic of this extension is amazing. Like the name suggests, it's related to coffee, but not in the way you would expect. The purpose is to rate your day, based on the color of the coffee, like a short mood-based diary. It takes a short second to choose. The best part is, it saves each day and allows you to look at every color next each other and you get to see a wonderful gradient of your days.