Poindexter Poems

Poindexter Poems

Poems that actually make you feel something.

5084
Poindexter Poems
Christopher Poindexter

Throughout the centuries, there have been many poets. Some made huge names for themselves- William Shakespeare, Robert Frost, Ernest Hemingway, Maya Angelou. I'd like to speak about one poet who is a lot more modern, someone who hasn't passed away.

Christopher Poindexter is a Pensecola, Florida based poet who covers topics such as romance, self-worth/confidence, individuality, and much more. As a self- proclaimed writer myself, Chris is, was, and always will be a light in the midst of dark creative drought. An inspiration.

Here are some of my favorite Christopher Poindexter pieces (all taken from his Instagram) that I hope you enjoy, as well!

"I will shed all of this skin down to the very bone beneath it if that's what it will take for you to come to the realization that appearance is not what makes a human beautiful."

"I beg of you to not feel guilty for having affection for someone or something others don't support or agree with. Our minds will trick us all but we are damn fools if we think our hearts ever will. Love what you love. Nothing else really matters."

"He told me with heavy breaths, "The only person I have left in life is my sister, and I just found out she has cancer." Then with a shrill sigh, lifts his glass to the moon, "Cheers to god" as I watched the tears spill from his eyes."

"She was tired of waiting around for someone to tell her she was beautiful; she decided to feel it instead. Can anyone blame her? The cocaine was merely a snowflake calling a young girl to come play."

"Just as if you were to cut open minutes they would bleed seconds, in slicing these veins open, all that would come spilling out are the grains of you that make up an entire me."

"I admit, I was afraid to love. Not just love, but to lover her. For she was a stunning mystery. She carried things deep inside her that no one has yet to understand, and I, I was afraid to fail, like the others. She was the ocean and I was just a boy who loved the waves but was completely terrified to swim."

"I love when my dreams play hard to get. My passion finds it so damn sexy."

"If the words have failed to scream from this ink or flutter from these tired lungs, telling them to you now I am; not only are you enough, but you are so much more than you think you could ever be."

"We build castles with our fears and sleep in them like kings and queens."

"I will alway hope that you will let simplicity leak itself through your heavy skin. For it is the only thing that can carry such small beauties and still, so perfectly, spill the most brilliant and stunning light."

"Not only did I love her, but I could tell the universe loved her, too. More than others, she was different, after all, I would be a fool not to notice the way the sunshine played with her hair."

"Flooded lungs and a heavy, heavy heart, it'll sink to the bottom of all that you are. That strange beating I found at your waist side left my fingers utterly scared, then you stopped their trembling and said you were sorry, for you only ever knew how to cry backwards into your own soul."

"Give me all your suffering and I swear it will be carried, even if that means the death of sorrow inside you and the birth of sorrow inside me."

"I madly adore the wallflower that grew inside you when you were born, and how, though I don't deserve the grace, it sprouts and dances for me and truly forgets it's love for silence."

CHRIS'S SOCIAL MEDIA

Website: http://www.christopherpoindexter.us/

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/christopherpoindexter/

Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Christopherspoetry

Twitter: https://twitter.com/healthesebones