Christmas is the Best Season and Not Because of the Gifts

Christmas Season Is The Best Season, But Not Because Of The Gifts

The gifts are just a bonus.

24

When people think about Christmas and the Christmas season, the first thought that comes to the mind is the presents. While getting presents is cool and whatnot, there are so many other reasons as to why the Christmas season is the best.

When I think of Christmas, I think of decorations. Decorating is the absolute best part when it comes to Christmas. Everything just looks so beautiful and for the colder states, they get a true winter wonderland, which is something I hope to experience one day.

When I think of Christmas, I think of hot chocolate. The best Christmas date is getting a cup of hot chocolate and walking around town looking at Christmas lights and just spending quality time with one another. Hot chocolate is the drink of the Christmas season. Who needs eggnog when there is hot chocolate?

When I think of Christmas, I think of getting gifts for other people. I love buying people gifts but I am not a fan of receiving them, which I think is the case for most people. The important aspect to remember is that gifts don't need to have huge monetary value. The smallest, cheapest gifts can mean the most. The thought is what matters most.

When I think of Christmas, I think of family. Christmas is not complete without family. Being able to spend the holiday season with your family is the best thing in the world. Decorating the house, Christmas shopping, and family traditions. My family specifically has the tradition of making fudge every Christmas and I look forward to it every year. I finally got my mother's recipe and last year was the first year I made the fudge. I can't wait to make it again this year! Along with fudge, my mom gets us Christmas pajamas for us to open every Christmas Eve.

When I think of Christmas, I think of the Christmas movies. Christmas has some of the best seasonal movies ever. Especially the classics such as "Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer" and "Santa Claus is Coming to Town". Of course, Christmas would not be complete until you watch "Elf" a few thousand times.

Christmas is also a part of the most beautiful season regarding the weather. Winter is such a beautiful season, and I am probably saying that because I live in Arizona and Arizona doesn't actually get a winter but either way, winter is beautiful here. One day I will be able to live in a state like Colorado and be able to experience a snowy Christmas.

During the Christmas season, even the people seem to be in a better mood. As someone who works at a coffee shop, I have tons of different conversations a day and I have noticed that the closer Christmas seems to be, the happier and more content people are. My theory about this is the fact that people get to spend time with family and friends.

The Christmas season is so much more than just gifts. It is a season of togetherness and family spirit. It is a season of beauty and exploration. It is a season that beats all others.