'Tis The Season

'Tis The Season

Christmas is Coming
2

Halloweekend is almost officially over (unfortunately) and for those of you who survived, Congratulations you're a true savage. Now with one holiday being crossed off the college calendar we approach a new one, and this is not just a weekend. It's a season. Christmas is coming . Get ready for the fake Christmas trees, the ugly sweaters, and all the presents. I personally cannot wait to hear Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas Is You" being blasted out every window on this campus.

Christmas is the best season, it's the happiest season, and it's the coziest season of them all. Honestly, getting the entire squad together to marathon all the Christmas movies while drinking some hot chocolate is all a girl can ask for. And I am sure that all the love birds out there enjoy kissing under the mistletoe and whatever else couples may do during the Christmas season (I wouldn't know and therefore cannot relate). I love the decorations that cover the outside of everyone's doors and how cozy all the rooms become when they are just filled with Christmas cheer and happiness. It's hard to hate school when there's such a Christmasy vibe and atmosphere surrounding you.

Christmas parties are the best because you can finally crack out your warmest, most obnoxious Christmas sweater and just enjoy life. There are less likely chances to be turned away from a party during this season because it's below freezing outside. Let's be real here, anyone who turns people away in below freezing weather is just not in the Christmas spirit and belong on the naughty list.

Also, your friend group suddenly grows a lot closer when everyone starts buying each other gifts. There are Secret Santas and gift swaps and then suddenly you have acquired five of the same Christmas shot glasses from each of your friends because you all have the same taste. Then all your friends decide that you need to do every Christmas activity available on the earth. Everyone wants to go Christmas shopping and build gingerbread houses and make Christmas cookies and do everything that remotely smells like Christmas.

Another great thing about Christmas is you finally get to go home for more than a week. You get to eat home cooked meals, cuddle your dog (or preferred house pet), and watch Netflix all day long. You don't need to have a care in the world, especially a care about school and you can finally just relax. You can dress like a total bum all day without feeling the burning judgment of overly dressed girls who feel the need to wear heels to class every day. You can finally sit down and write that letter to Santa Claus and request that overly expensive thing that you have always wanted. You can wake up on Christmas morning and feel like a little kid again as you rush down the stairs to open the presents that are under the Christmas tree. It's just a great season that is upon us and this article may be a little early in celebrating the season's greatness, but I just can't contain my excitement. I feel like Buddy the Elf when he hears Santa is coming.