12 Reasons Why Christmas Season Beats Spooky Season
Christmas

Thank God That Spooky Season Is Over, Because Now It's The Most Wonderful Time Of Year

Forget pumpkins everywhere. I want snow and Christmas trees!

199
snowman ornament

Spooky season — the time of year full of pumpkins, ghosts, unoriginal costumes, and eating too much candy corn and pumpkin-infused foods. It seemed to go by so fast, and I am thankful for that. Not to say I am not a fan of the horrors and scary vibes that Halloween and the month of October bring, but there is a better season upon us.

THANKSGIVING AND CHRISTMAS!

Yes, the BEST time of year is upon us. Gingerbread houses, turkey, chunky and tacky sweaters, and the wonderful cold air that makes you want to stay inside the entire day. Here are 12 reasons why this time of year tops spooky season.

1. The food

media.giphy.com

The candy of Halloween may be great, but the promise of the Holidays brings turkey, stuffing, baked Honey-Glazed ham, gingerbread, and ALL the Christmas cookies and milk. The true holiday season tops spooky season in food, for sure.

2. The clothing

media.giphy.com

Forget the unoriginal costumes. I mean seriously, stop dressing up like a cat every year? This time of is year close and dear to my heart because it brings sweaters, boots, heavy jackets to keep out the cold, and the glitz and glamour of outfits with Christmas dinners and parties.

3. The people

media.giphy.com

I don't know about you, but I'd much rather be around friends and family than a bunch of strangers at a Halloween party. You get to reunite with your loved ones over the best food and in the highest spirits.

4. The movies

media.giphy.com

OH MY GOSH, THE MOVIES! My favorites include "A Christmas Story," "Elf," and "National Lapoon's Christmas Vacation," and SO many more classics!

5. Gift-giving and receiving

media.giphy.com

Nothing gives me more joy than getting someone a gift that they really love. I spend so much time thinking about the person and our relationship, and to see their face as they open the gift is more than worth it.

6. The weather

media.giphy.com

There is a certain chill in the air specifically during the Holiday season. That chill that bites your bones — you can see your breath right in front of you as your cheeks redden with the cold — can be a burden. But that lovely cold wants me to stay inside right in front of the fireplace with a blanket with my family.

7. The traditions

media.giphy.com

My family goes to our downtown square every Holiday season to see the lights dance to music on a radio station. We love dressing up for New Year's Eve dinner and going out to Downtown Dallas. Sometimes we go down to San Antonio to visit our extended family and eat glorious homemade food by family who can cook so much better than us.

8. The decorating

media.giphy.com

Don't get me wrong, I love decorating my house with spider webs, tombstones, and skulls. But when my dad gets to line our rooftop with the classic white string lights, hang stockings along the fireplace, and top our Christmas tree with an angel, I am the happiest girl ever!

9. The shopping

media.giphy.com

The only sale I like in October is the day after Halloween with 50% off candy. The promise of the holidays brings Black Friday and the constant margins at department stores, making your gift shopping (and treating yo self) so much cheaper and easier.

10. The music

media.giphy.com

Every time the weather drops a degree, my excitement to put on the Christmas Station on Pandora gets higher and higher. I put on the classics such as Frank Sinatra's "Have Yourself a Merry Christmas" and the bop that is "All I Want For Christmas Is You" by Mariah Carey.

11. The smells

media.giphy.com

Gingerbread. Christmas tree. Cinnamon. Peppermint. Crisp and clean snow in the air. Hot cocoa. Nutmeg. All the goodness that fills your nose brings so much joy.

12. The true meaning of Christmas

media.giphy.com

The true meaning of Christmas, gathering with friends and family to celebrate the sacred holiday of Jesus' birth, tops all these reasons. It's great to bake cookies and decorate a tree, but we need to keep the meaning of Christmas alive.

Step aside Halloween, it's officially the most wonderful time of year. Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas and Holiday season!