Christmas Please Wait For Your Turn
Family Friends

Christmas Please Wait For Your Turn

Merry Christ..oh wait Happy Thanksgiving !

298
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiYrODn_tDeAhVJwMQHHaVQAbMQjB16BAgBEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdn.com.do%2F2013%2F12%2F24%2Fla-nochebuena-que-celebramos-hoy%2F&psig=AOvVaw0NpqEw3EUfcnAt9EUDE_CN&ust=1542185484929374
CDN

Ever since we entered the month of November all of a sudden it is Christmas season, but whatever happened to Thanksgiving?

Santa vs Thanksgiving TurkeyThe Wardrobe Door

I get it, Christmas is coming up soon and preparing for it is even more exciting as we all get into the Christmas spirit. Houses will be decorated with lights and Christmas decorations, stores will be having special sales for families to begin their shopping, Christmas tree lightings, and so much more (trust me I am excited myself). But guess what, we are in November and Thanksgiving has not even happened yet. Now it is not a bad thing to start the Christmas celebration early, but Thanksgiving is a very important holiday and not one to brush aside.

Thanksgiving, as we all know, is the day where we give thanks for having such a wonderful support system, being alive and healthy, and just thankful for everything in that has been placed upon you in your life. Of course, for others, it might not be a favored holiday or simply not something they celebrate. For those who do, please acknowledge that Christmas season will come just wait!

"But Thanksgiving is only food while Christmas is about family, friends, presents, and Christmas trees!"

Yes, of course, Christmas is beautiful to celebrate and exciting when you wake up in the morning to find out what your parents, significant other, or friend got you as a present. Maybe it is better than Thanksgiving, but what is the true meaning of Christmas? Personally, the holidays, in general, is about being with family and cherishing the moments spent with them. I used to care about the material things when Christmas came around because I wanted to have that new doll before anyone else had it or that new game that came out. My perspective on holidays has changed because what matters the most is embracing the memories and moments with your loved ones.

That is what Thanksgiving is about, being grateful and feeling blessed that on this day you are with your families, there is food on the table, you are fully clothed, you get to go home to a nice warm bed, and so much more. We always forget that sometimes it is not just the big gestures we do for one another, the little things count as well. Enjoy the food, your cousins, the gossip you'll hear from aunts and uncles, parents, and yourself. Thanksgiving is a blessed holiday to celebrate before entering Christmas.

So Christmas...WAIT FOR YOUR TURN.