My Christmas Playlist 2016

My Christmas Playlist 2016

"Sleigh bells ring, are ya listenin'?..."

13
My Christmas Playlist 2016
Brittany Hassell

December is finally upon us! Where the heck did November go? It felt like Halloween was just yesterday. Not complaining though, since my second favorite holiday is definitely Christmas.

The tree is up in my house and so is the Christmas spirit. Now, I can break out all my winter-scented stuff, my Christmas attire, (which includes a lot of socks with Santa on them), and most importantly my Christmas playlist shows it's face again.

I'm the kind of person that waits until after Thanksgiving to start playing Christmas music, (as it should be), but once December rolls around, it's the majority of what I listen to and at quite a high volume as well.

Everyone has their faves, so I thought I'd share mine in hopes of getting you in the Christmas mood, (if department stores haven't already done that for you), or maybe even give you a couple of new songs to add to your own festive playlist this year.

Most of these songs are originals which is a nice switch from the traditional Christmas songs everyone knows.

So without further ado, and in no particular order, here are 11 songs I love to listen to during the Christmas season.

1. "Halleluja" - Pentatonix

This song was released this year on their new Christmas album and boy did their voices just send me right up to heaven. The music video for this is also beautifully shot. Pentatonix will never cease to amaze me. Which is why they made it on this list more than once.

2. "Christmas Love" - Justin Bieber

Love him or hate him, you got to admit his Christmas album was the best thing he ever did. I've blasted that CD every December since it's release date. This is my favorite song off the album. It just puts a smile on your face, a groove in your step, and a snap in your fingers.

3. "Happy Holidaze" - Astro Safari Usa ft. BC Jean & Cameron Quiseng

This is such a fun song!! It's chock full of funny and clever lines, and also gives a shout out to not only Hanukkah but also Kwanzaa!

4. "Snow In California" - Ariana Grande

Very chill song about how she's asking Santa for it to snow in California so her boo-thing will be able to stay a little longer and won't have to get on his flight. Very cute.

5. "That's Christmas To Me" - Pentatonix

This one is an original from the quintuplet. They do everything a cappella of course but this song doesn't even include Kevin's amazing beat-boxing so you can really hear everyone's voices. It makes you want to close your eyes as you get swept away by the beautiful melody.

6. "Christmas Day" - EXO

Anyone who knows me had to know that there was going to be, not only a Kpop song included in this list, but an EXO one at that. Just because it's in a different language does't mean it can't be a great Christmas song. Another very chill song (from only six of the members) that will have you swaying back and forth.

7. "Mistletoe " - Justin Bieber

Had to include this Bieber Christmas song as well. It's becoming a classic in my book. Every time I hear those bells that start off the song, I always feel like snow is just going to lightly start falling out of nowhere.

8 "His Favorite Christmas Song" - Capital Lights

This is a song you really have to pay close attention to since the lyrics tell a cohesive story. The ending is so happy and great it'll make you want to cry. Hits me right in the feels every single time.

9. "Beautiful Christmas" - Big Time Rush

Anyone else miss BTR? They released a small Christmas album in their peak days and this original is just a festive, happy song to put on while you're making some Christmas cookies or wrapping gifts.

10. "Mary Did You Know" - Pentatonix

One more Pentatonix song as we near the end of the list. Another breathtakingly beautiful arrangement. This one may also ascend you right to heaven's doors.

11. "First Snow" - EXO

Last but not least, from the same six members who sang the other Christmas song featured on this list, I present you another one that will make you think snow is going to appear out of thin air and start falling on your head. It's definitely a sway-your-hands-back-and-forth type of song (and that's exact what I did when I saw them perform this live). Just let their smooth vocals warm you up.

I thought I'd also throw in an honorable mention to Josh Groban's "Believe". That song is amazing and I wait for it at the end of "Polar Express" every time so I can passionately lip-sync to it.

Happy listening!