15 Songs You Need On Your Christmas Playlist

Some of my favorite holiday songs.

20
The Diamondback

It's no secret that one of my favorite things about the holiday season is Christmas music.

It's hard to put into words why this is, but I know a lot of people who share this same feeling. For me it all has to do with the holiday spirit and atmosphere. Christmas music spreads holiday cheer and puts people in the right mindset. Christmas is a time to celebrate kindness, love, forgiveness, and that's something magical. Holiday music definitely adds to that magic. I think a lot of it also has to do with the fact that I've been listening to Christmas music since I was a child. I remember playing CDs in our stereo and dancing around the living room while my mom baked cookies. That's always a memory that makes me happy.

Because now is the perfect time of the year, here is a list, in no particular order, of some of my favorite Christmas songs.

1. Wrapped In Red - Kelly Clarkson

2. Underneath The Tree - Kelly Clarkson

3. 4 Carats - Kelly Clarkson

4. It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas - Michael Buble

5. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) - Michael Buble

6. All I Want For Christmas Is You - Mariah Carey

7. Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer - Destiny's Child

8. Do They Know It's Christmas? - Glee Cast

9. Santa Tell Me - Ariana Grande

10. O Holy Night - Celine Dion

11. Last Christmas - Wham!

12. Baby It's Cold Outside - Idina Menzel and Michael Buble

13. Grown-Up Christmas List - Lea Salonga

14. Happy Christmas (War Is Over) - John Lenon

15. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas - Sam Smith

These are only a few of the songs living in my Christmas playlist; there are simply too many to name them all. I hope these are helpful suggestions for those looking to expand their holiday song list. Happy listening, and more importantly, happy holidays.