Christmas Gifts That Are Hated By Kids

When I was younger, I used to get so excited for Christmas. Santa was coming, and I was bound to get a bunch of cool new toys from him. My wish list was always so long, filled with Bratz dolls and accessories and baby dolls and whatever else my younger self liked to play with. Throughout the years, my wishes have changed, and my lists have gotten smaller and smaller. Becoming an adult, you kind of lose the Christmas magic that you had as a kid. My parents had asked me what I wanted for Christmas this year, and I didn't have a clue. Thinking about it, young Sydney would be ashamed of the things that I want for Christmas. I guess that's what happens when you lose your Christmas magic. So here's some things that adult Sydney would love to get for Christmas that young Sydney would roll her sassy eyes at.

1. Socks

Getting socks for Christmas as a kid was almost as bad as getting coal. What use do I have with socks? Boring. Now, I would love to get some socks in my stocking. That just means that I don't have to go spend my own money on them.

2. Food Processor

If I had the space in my kitchen, I would absolutely love a food processor. Young Sydney got bored whenever she had to go into a home store because there's no toys, but now, get me all of the kitchen gadgets that you want. Especially a food processor.

3. Money

To be fair, young Sydney also enjoyed receiving money for Christmas. Money means that she could go buy more accessories for her Bratz dolls. Now, I have bills to pay. You want to get my money? Cool, I'll use it to pay for my internet bill.

4. A Trip Somewhere

Spending time with your family as a kid? Boring. I would much rather be in my room playing. Now, any excuse to escape reality and go somewhere with the people that I love sounds like the perfect gift.

5. A New Bed

I'm growing out of my full-sized canopy bed and I'm ready for something that's a little bit more adult. Something that I'll have for a good chunk of my adulthood. Young Sydney would have hated getting a bed for Christmas.

Christmas isn't the same when you get older. The magic get's lost somewhere in your childhood, and it just doesn't feel the same. As long as I get to spend time with the people that I love, I don't need any gifts.