9 Christmas Remakes That Are More ~Lit~ Than The Originals

While nothing can ever beat the original, there are definitely some unique and amazing covers out there of your favorite Christmas songs.

64

When you turn on the Christmas station, it feels like you are listening to the same 10 songs, just different versions of them. To save you some time, here are the best of best when it comes to holiday covers, and the ones you should be adding to your playlist. You're welcome.

1. "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy" - Pentatonix 

Out of the many, many Pentatonix Christmas covers, the band's take on "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy" proves to be the most unique of them all. Quite the atypical cover, it stands out amongst the rest because it fully embodies and emphasizes the group's basic foundation, which is acapella.

2. "It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas" - Michael Bublé

In today's industry, there is simply no better voice that suits Christmas music quite as Michael Bublé's does. "It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas" is the perfect introductory song for his holiday album, "Christmas." The instrumental opening transports you to a winter wonderland, in which you can almost hear the snow falling and wind blowing in the background.

3. "Santa Baby" - Ariana Grande

Arguably the most famous pop singer in today's industry, Ariana Grande has more than often dipped her toes into the world of Christmas music. Prior to the release of her EP, "Christmas & Chill," which consists of all original songs, Grande sang her fair share of Christmas covers. Her diva pop star essence perfectly matches the spirit and soul of "Santa Baby," making it her best cover to date.

4. "Merry Christmas Darling" - Glee Cast

You can't make a Christmas covers list and not include Glee. During the show's six seasons, the cast covered over 40 Christmas songs, but the one that stands apart from the others is Lea Michele's "Merry Christmas Darling." Michele's beautiful Broadway vocals demonstrate such emotion and passion, which reminds us of that special kind of love that surrounds this holiday.

5. "Joy to the World" - Mariah Carey

Of course, Mariah Carey is credited with having one of the best original Christmas songs of all time — the iconic "All I Want For Christmas Is You." However, this is a list dedicated to covers, so instead, let's talk about her version of "Joy to the World." This cover not only shows off Carey's powerhouse vocals but is also a fun and upbeat take on this church tune.

6. "Drummer Boy" - Justin Bieber

A traditional carol turned pop tune, Justin Bieber's "Drummer Boy" takes a classical Christmas song and mixes it with rap. This cover is an absolute must on your college holiday party playlist — some might say it's the "Mo Bamba" of the Christmas season.

7. "12 Days of Christmas" - Straight No Chaser

Straight No Chaser definitely takes a lot of creative freedom when it comes to covering the holiday tune "12 Days of Christmas." But the disorderly direction of the song pays off, making it quite the entertaining, engaging, and not to mention hilarious twist to such a classic Christmas song.

8. "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" - Frank Sinatra

Originally sung by Judy Garland, the more commonly known Frank Sinatra version is a calming reassurance about the love surrounding the holidays and hope for the upcoming new year. Although "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" is one of the most covered holiday songs, nothing can beat the soothing voice of Ol' Blue Eyes.

9. "Baby, It's Cold Outside" - She & Him

You probably remember Zooey Deschanel, actress and one half of the talented duo known as She & Him, singing "Baby, It's Cold Outside" in the ever so famous Christmas movie, "Elf." Deschanel shakes up this holiday classic in her version by singing the lyrics normally sung by the man, while her male counterpart takes the woman's verses.