I Just Watched 'Christmas Chronicles 2' And It Did NOT Disappoint

If you thought the first movie was adventurous, try having to save The North Pole!

23

I don't know about y'all, but I loved the first "Christmas Chronicles." It was such a great movie, and this was a great way to end the film series.

(Also, side note, this may be Kurt Russell's final movie! He's been acting for about 60 years, so if that isn't enough reason to watch this, I don't know what is!)

Mrs. Claus, who was played by Goldie Hawn, who is also Kurt Russell's wife, is kickass. We LOVE to see women empowerment, and she sure does much more than just bake cookies.

In the film, she does a lot of the behind the scene things such as coming up with the design for Santa's Village.

The elves are also EVERYTHING. They are absolutely adorable. They're gremlin sized creatures that are extremely sweet, funny and helpful, until—I'll let you see for yourself, but emphasis on gremlin.

Honestly though? I would love having them around.

I absolutely loved the graphics of this movie! The only way I can explain them is they're so vibrant, realistic and high quality The camera angles were very cool and exciting. It created a magical experience honestly!

The part I loved the most about this movie pulled at my heartstrings. It was seeing how her father's death and moving on affect her. We got a brief glimpse of this in the first movie, but it was more about Teddy.

This movie is about Kate, aside from the bigger picture, and I'm here for it.

Kate's mom, Claire, has a new boyfriend, Bob, and they've been dating for 10 months but have known each other for much longer. Kate's very hurt by it and thinks her dad will be forgotten.

Similarly, but in a different light, we see a new character, Belsnickle who feels betrayed, hurt and angry, just like Kate.

As "evil" as Bel was during the film, his story was touching and truly shows that your loved ones will always be there for you. Just because something is different, it doesn't mean it gets lost forever, like Kate's dad's memory will live on, and Belsnickle can still be "good."

This theme carries the story and you learn why some of the characters act the way they do, and it was great seeing them evolve.

I don't know about you, but I love finding the moral of the story, and with this one, it embodies Christmas spirit way beyond gifts and decorations. It shows the importance of family, being thankful, togetherness and is very heartwarming.

I'm definitely not the only person holiday movies have an emotional effect on. They always make me feel a little sappy and my heart so full and put me way into the holiday spirit all around! "Christmas Chronicles 2" was no different.

After watching this movie, I had chills and a tear in my eye. Not because it's sad, but because it really brings the cheer, positivity and togetherness that we all need. I have no doubt that I'm going to watch this movie again before Christmas is over.

This movie is a holiday must-watch, and you should definitely add it to your annual holiday movie list.