Depending On Your Mood, These Are The Christmas Albums You Should Listen To

'Tis the season !

40
Photo by Steve Halama on Unsplash

There are SO many Christmas albums out there, so I know it can be hard to pick one to listen to. Here are some of my favorite Christmas albums from different genres!

1. Retro Christmas Music: Phil Spector's "A Christmas Gift For You"

photo not intended for copyright

amazon.com

The upbeat tempos and happy harmonies on this album bring a 60's vibe to its listeners, and can't help but get you excited for the holiday season. Even the album cover feels retro.

My favorite: I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus

2. Alternative Christmas Music: Relient K's "Let it Snow Baby... Let it Reindeer"

photo not intended for copyright

amazon.com

The heavy guitars give the traditional Christmas songs on this album a fun twist. They also have some great original songs.

My favorite: Sleigh Ride

3. Pop Christmas Music: Kelly Clarkson's "Wrapped in Red"

photo not intended for copyright

amazon.com

On this album, Clarkson uses her amazing voice to give us an album that not only holds the sound of traditional Christmas albums, but also with a different sound more unique to her own style.

My favorite: Winter Dreams (Brandon's Song)

4. Timeless Christmas Music: Michael Bublé's "Michael Bublé Christmas"

photo not intended for copyright

amazon.com

Most of his songs on this album stay traditional, but with his voice you don't really need to do much to make an amazing Christmas album. Regardless of whatever type of Christmas music you want to listen to, this album will never disappoint in preparing you for the holiday season.

My favorite: It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

5. Musical Theater Christmas Music: Lea Michele's "Christmas in the City"

photo not intended for copyright

amazon.com

Before this album came out, I was a little worried that it would be like listening to an unreleased Glee Christmas soundtrack. However, I was pleasantly surprised that Michele was able to use her background in musical theater to make this album completely her own!

My favorite: Silver Bells

6. Movie Soundtrack Music: The Polar Express

photo not intended for copyright

amazon.com

Not only is this a great Christmas movie, but the music is amazing as well!

My favorite: Believe

7. A Mix of Everything: Glee's Season 2 Christmas Album

photo not intended for copyright

amazon.com

The one thing I do miss about Glee is the annual Christmas album featuring a bunch of Christmas music. Out of all of their Christmas albums, this one is my favorite.

My favorite: Last Christmas