6 Confessions On What Makes Christmas SO Special From A Christmas-oholic
Seasonal

Why November and December reign as the best time of the year — no ifs, ands or buts.

1123

Christmas is right around the corner people! It's time to celebrate my favorite holiday of the year.

Below are six reasons why Christmas is undeniably the most wonderful time of the year. Let the countdown to Christmas begin!

1. Gift-giving is my specialty

Look no further, for you've come across the right person. Whether it be family or friends, I am able to find something meaningful. Big or small, I've made peoples' year because of the thought I invested into what I picked out special for them.

I have a strong gut that helps me decide on items and I always make a point to listen to someone's likes or interests and store them in the back of my mind. I enjoy wrapping gifts in fancy paper and decorating them with pretty bows.

Seeing their face light up whenever they rip open the gift is the best part. I love making people realize how special they are to me.

2. Everyone is joyful

The Christmas spirit hits people right after Thanksgiving wraps up. Thinking about cookie decorating, wrapping gifts and buying presents puts them in the mood. It's amazing how people come together during this time and can spread the holiday cheer.

People manage to wear a smile and converse more, rubbing off on others. Christmas caroling encourages others to get into the spirit.

Even though it's cold and snowy, Christmas is a saving grace in getting everyone through it. I find myself become happier towards others when the thought of Christmas is mentioned. 25 days will never be enough. Smile and find your inner joy!

3. School is off 

Say goodbye to homework and stress. Being released for break means students can focus on making their Christmas a great one. Most colleges even go as far as giving kids near a month off.

School becomes the least of our worries and makes Christmas a priority. We're given a long opportunity for relaxing and spending time with loved ones, all in the name of Christmas!

4. Christmas movies for everyone

ABC Family's "25 Days of Christmas" and Hallmark's Christmas movies fill our screens during this time of year. As corny as they are, these movies are a staple to bringing in the Christmas spirit.

They're only here for a few short months, so it's important to make the most of them. Nothing beats sitting by the fire with a cup of hot chocolate watching these movies.

5. Santa is watching you

Even at 21, sometimes I still believe Santa is keeping a close eye on my behavior. Being a good person should be a yearly thing, especially towards those you're close to. The deliverance of gifts is the highlight of my holidays.

Seeing kids who wait for Santa brings back memories of when I was their age. To them, he is their idol and does anything they can to prove they've been good this year. Nobody wants a bag of coal in their stocking!

6. Christmas charities

Giving donations to the needy is critical during Christmas time. With bitter weather and dropping temperatures, those that are less fortunate suffer. Kind-hearted people make blankets, ring bells for the Salvation Army and make food for those who need it most.

Christmas is a time for giving to those you know and don't. Hearts get bigger and reach out. People who don't have families to celebrate the holidays with are given a reason to smile from others bringing cheer into their lives.