Feeling Stressed In College As A Christian Student
Religion

When You Feel Like You Are At Your Breaking Point, Let God Be The Glue To Hold You Together

"I'll face my giants with confidence."

1138
Ally Mishell Smith / Jade Bailey

Class, work, social life, homework, shower, sleep, repeat.

Give or take, this is the typical day for a college student. I work four, sometimes five jobs within the span of a week. All while being a full-time college student and trying to enjoy life and be social like a college student should. There are many days where I leave my house early in the morning and I don't get back until late at night. Don't get me wrong, I love my busy life, but more often than I'd like to admit, I run myself ragged until I feel like I'm at my breakpoint. I felt like if I had to do one more homework assignment or work one more hour without taking a break and do nothing, I would lose my mind.

I kept telling myself that I didn't have time to take a nap or watch an episode of "The Office." I kept telling myself that if I could just get through this one assignment, then I could take a break. Before I knew it, that one assignment turned into three which turned into five, and before I know it, it's 1 a.m. and going to sleep isn't even a thought. Even on the days when you have nothing to do, you feel like you're forgetting something and you're going to miss an assignment or fail a test. It feels like there's always something you should be doing when you just want to do nothing. It's hard to allow yourself to rest because you feel like you have EVERYTHING to do and you end up feeling guilty for taking a couple hours to yourself.

But the truth is, it is OK to take a couple hours and binge watch a whole season of your favorite Netflix show.

A couple of weeks ago, I heard a song on the radio that resonated with me and was one of those songs that I just couldn't get out of my head. The song is "Confidence" by Sanctus Real and the message and power behind that song is so strong. I heard this song while I was going from one job to the next and I had to find it on Spotify and listen to it on repeat. One lyric, in particular, stuck with me and it's been on my mind since the first time I heard the song. It's the last line and it says "I'll face my giants with confidence." I try to listen to this song every morning to remind myself that God is my strength and He's in control of my day, good or bad. He can calm my anxiety and remind me that it's OK to rest and I can rest in Him. He gives me the confidence to face this business of life and be strong and proud of my busy life, while also learning to take time to myself and for Him. The Bible says in Colossians 3:15, "Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful."

I want to challenge you to let God be your peace in whatever stage of life you're in. Remember, He is in control and He is your confidence. Through Him, You're going to be OK.