Why You Should Choose A Happy Path

Why You Should Choose A Happy Path

Do what will make you happy
129

In college, I learned that most students don't focus on what will make them happy. We tend to focus on declaring a major that will help me get far in life and make money so we can live a good life in the future. Trying to choose a career that will make our parents proud. We realize that it's not what we truly want to do.

I did that at one point of last semester. I thought I should do business because I knew I would be able to get a job after I graduate. I took a business related class, I notice how I didn’t quite enjoy it that much and would struggle in the class. I made decision to drop the class so I could focus on what I truly wanted to do. I started this semester doing Psychology and noticed how much that make me happy. It’s very interesting to me to learn how the mind works and learning about human behaviors. It’s only been a month since school started back and I already know that I want to major in that Psychology. We haven’t even gotten to the best parts yet. I talked to my mom about how I wanted to major Psychology and seeing what I do with a degree in that. We talked about how I could be professor or psychologist. She told me that she knew business wasn’t for me because I am the type of person that want to help as many people that I can.

After she told me that I realized that Psychology will fit best for me because I always want to help people, guide them towards the right path, give helpful advice and predict what's going on with them emotionally.

The point I am trying to make is never major or do a career just for money. Money isn’t everything and I know some people are in a certain situation where money is important, but make sure to choose something that will make you happy while you have a career to give you the benefits you need. It’s not easy and through will be bumps on the road but your happiness is important. I rather live in apartment and doing something that I enjoy instead of living in a mansion and doing something I hate.

Never do something to make other people happy. They aren't in your shoes, they don't have to do the work, or have to deal with the struggles you have to go through. Focus on what will make you happy because if the people around you love and care about you, they will know your happiness is important.

Don’t rush anything because when the time is right, you will know what major or career will make you happy.