Choose What Makes You Happy, Even When It's Not The Popular Opinion

Your happiness comes first.

168
Emily Nicole Sutton

Life has a crazy way of throwing things our direction when we least expect them. When this happens, we have to take control of how we decide to handle the situation. Even though it might not be the most popular choice, if it makes you happy, nothing else matters.

We live in a world that is filled with so much hate and judgment. It's hard, but nonetheless important, to look past these criticisms and move forward with your life. Who cares if people wonder and create their own opinions and stories? It's your story to tell, and only you know the truth.

It's time to be selfish. No more mister nice guy. Make decisions that influence your own personal happiness.

It's time to stop worrying about others before you start caring about yourself. Make yourself a priority. No, make yourself THE most important and number one priority in your life. You come first. It's hard to make other people happy if you yourself are so unhappy inside. This makes relationships very hard to handle. But if you are both truly happy, you are guaranteed a happy and healthy relationship.

Often, we are sucked into other people's needs and feelings and it is hard to escape. These needs and feelings should be put into consideration, of course, but your needs should still be put first. Always putting yourself second in every situation becomes exhausting. Personal happiness should come first, always.

If you come to the realization that a decision needs to be made in order to better your happiness, highly consider making that decision happen. Talk to your loved ones about it.

They will be there to support you no matter what you decide.

They only want what is the absolute best for you and your happiness. I recently realized this. It might be scary, but talking your problems out with others who care can make all the difference in the world.

They are there to listen and respond with kind and reassuring words. It might be a shock to them in the beginning, but you have to give them time to adjust.

They will come around and be ready to take the next steps forward with you in no time. I promise you this.

In the end, we can't worry about what others think anymore. If we know that something will make us happy, we must act on it.

Lastly, it's so so so important to surround yourself with people who truly care about you and want the best for you in every single situation. Keep those that make you laugh until your invisible abs start appearing close to you at all times. These are the people we are the happiest with